4 replies to this topic

#1 justme

justme

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:30 AM

oh i'm getting mixed internet search results.. boars head: what's gluten free? i also need to eat dairy free as well.. some packages say gluten free some do not. Some say dairy free some do not. I've read that almost all of them are both gluten and dairy free, i've read only a few are. Their website doesn't seem to be too helpful. Maybe someone here can shed some light?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gfgypsyqueen

gfgypsyqueen

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

We have a celiac and a dairy/casein allergy in the family. We eat Boar's Head. I buy the Mesquite Turkey and the Tavern Ham. As I have learned dairy free does not mean casein free. I have not figured out the labeling issues with the dairy allergy yet, but I have found dairy free items that contain Lactic acid , lactose, whey so I don't understand.

Basically, call Boars Head and ask for a ingredients list to be e-mailed to you (800-352-6277). Target certain meats that you are likely to eat. We really only eat turkey, ham, and roast beef. The other option is ask to read the labels at the grocery store - during off hours.

Another brand to look into is Thurmans deli meat. They are gluten-free too. I do not know about the dairy issue.

Hope that helps.

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:24 AM

All Boars Head meats and cheeses are gluten-free. They used to have two meats that had wheat, but no longer.

From their website:

All Boar's Head BrandŽ Meats, Cheeses and Condiments, as well as Hans JurgenŽ Pickles are Gluten Free.

richard

#4 eleep

eleep

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:11 AM

Are people finding this stuff pre-packaged, or are you getting it at the deli? My Publix only has the deli stuff and I've been thinking the only way I could buy it was to go in first thing in the morning when the slicers might still be clean.
Erica

Inconclusive blood test results
Positive Enterolab results
Positive dietary results
gluten-free since 2/10/06

#5 CarolAnne

CarolAnne

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

<<<boars head: what's gluten free?>>>
I'm afraid I don't know anything about 'dairy free' - guess I'm one of the lucky ones with that. But I do know that ALL Boar's Head products are gluten-free. I've even heard it advertised on TV! I nearly jumped for joy when I heard their ad say 'contains no glutens'. I've never heard the words spoken out loud, in public, like that before!! lolol

Over in Europe - the same manufacturers that we have here...clearly label everything!! I just don't understand why it's so hard to get the same thing done here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: