3 replies to this topic

#1 HawkFire

HawkFire

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:38 AM

Some celiacs find the years of gluten poisoning has caused many other health ailments. Some are looking for safe sweeteners to replace sugar. Some are wondering why the FDA's "safe" altenative sweeteners make them feel like death. That's because the FDA has approved sweet things that will kill you slowly and rot your brain to swiss cheese with neurotoxins. Aspertame is being touted, once again, as SAFE by the FDA.

These fake sugars are not safe.

These fake sugars are poison.

The FDA would have like to keep the lid on STEVIA longer because the sugar industry and the fake sugar substitute industry paid them to keep STEVIA off the market, and it worked for a long time.

So, for those who don't know, and are reading the new reports from the FDA that aspertame and the like are ! SAFE ! ....

Listen, go get yourself some Stevia. Not all Stevia is perfect. Some has a bitter aftertaste. I experimented a bit and found the Stevia by NOW is really good. It says "No aftertaste" and it's a bit of a lie, but really easy to get used to.
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:06 AM

I agree that Stevia deserves respect, and has received quite the opposite from the FDA. From what I've read, there are some very rotten things going on within the FDA.

As for the brands of Stevia, I researched it before purchasing any, and came to the conclusion that the Stevita brand was the one to get. I think it's good, but not having a sweet tooth I don't use it like other folks probably do. It would be interesting to hear from those whom have compared it to some of the other brands.
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#3 SunnyDyRain

SunnyDyRain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:12 AM

You need to be aware of Stevia though! It's in the Family of "Ragweed". I'm Allergic to Ragweed, and started feeling itchyafter eating it.

I avoid it, and others with ragweed allergies should use caution.

Dx 3/23/07
Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:
Gluten
MSG

Allergies:
Ragweed
Honeydew
Cantalope
Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

You need to be aware of Stevia though! It's in the Family of "Ragweed". I'm Allergic to Ragweed, and started feeling itchyafter eating it.

I avoid it, and others with ragweed allergies should use caution.

This is so important, I didn't know about the relationship until after I had blisters from the roof of my mouth as far as I could see down my throat. For those who are not allergic though it is a great product.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: