Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Bean Intolerance

11 posts in this topic

Is there such an thing to being intolerant to beans. And if so is there a wide group of foods that go hand in hand to beans that i would have to look out for.

paula

Ads by Google:
Is there such an thing to being intolerant to beans. And if so is there a wide group of foods that go hand in hand to beans that i would have to look out for.

paula

Ok it looks like a bean intolerance is a leguem intolerance, anyone else have this.

paula

Some people have an intolerance to any legumes. Others react to selected ones. For instance, I react to soy and noticed a similar reaction to something with lupin flour (seems to be Europe's up-and-coming addition to foods -- it was in an imported gluten-free pasta I tried). But I don't react to lentils, beans, peas, or peanuts that I can tell. Actually peanuts are sort of on my watch list right now ... sometimes one has a reaction and doesn't know what it is to, particularly if they have a number of intolerances & don't know if they even know of all of them yet.

My daughter is allergic to soy but can have other beans and peas. Her friend can not have any kind of legume whatever.

I'm sensitive to all legumes. Even string beans.

It's not too hard to avoid them--I do miss peanut butter, though.

I get terrible stomach pains if I eat any bean flours

I know i have felt terrible after the bush beans, then last night i was in pain again after i ate refried beans. So I am not sure if its to all legumes or just beans right now. Or if i am getting glutened by other things.

I am so afraid to eat anything, its almost 11 am and i havent ate anything. I have no idea what I should eat anymore.

paula

What kind of Bush beans did you have? Some aren't gluten-free. http://www.bushbeans.com/products/productqa.php

What was in the refried beans besides beans?

I guess it comes down to whether you react to plain, unseasoned beans or whether something added to the beans is what is causing you problems. I can't offer any more assistance than that; you have to keep track & see.

What kind of Bush beans did you have? Some aren't gluten-free. http://www.bushbeans.com/products/productqa.php

What was in the refried beans besides beans?

I guess it comes down to whether you react to plain, unseasoned beans or whether something added to the beans is what is causing you problems. I can't offer any more assistance than that; you have to keep track & see.

I was thinking of making an pot of beans and see what happens, then if I am fine with the fresh beans, then I will know if it is an additive. Then I can look at the cans on both and see what it has in common.

The bush beans were the regular baked beans, so they are on the safe list.

paula

Funny but I make my own homemade baked beans and I'm fine, but as I said bean flours kill my belly!

Dear confused~

I have been feeling kind of crummy lately so I decided to change my diet completley. I am only eating veggies, fruit, fresh meat and salad. I feel great now. This has only been a three day experiment but I am feel great. You could try this and see how you feel. It eliminates almost all possible food allergens. You might want to keep a food journal for a while and see if you can pin point what is making you feel crummy. Hope this help. I can totally sympathise with you.