2 replies to this topic

#1 HawkFire

HawkFire

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

I purchased Hemp tortillas recently because I cannot stand corn tortillas any longer and the Hemp tortillas looked interesting and the package felt soft. They were great. Has anyone tried them? I am so happy to have tried them. I have had wonderful salad filled hemp tortillas all week long.

Today I was on a site called votehemp.com It was very interesting information. I believe the celiac community would do itself a great service by getting behind the Industrial Hemp movement. The crop is easily grown in the U.S. The food products are delicious! Offers an alternative that is grown in the U.S. and is very healthy. Again, our government is reacting to it's long time friends in the other grain industries, so the HEMP growers need friends from the consumers. We celiacs should band together to promote the resource Hemp growers offer us. With the CNN report stating that the gluten free industry is tripling, why not throw our collective weight behind a fledgling industry that is NEEDS support, will provide US with a food source that is local to the U.S. , healthy and looking to remain ORGANIC so it's not loaded with pesticides? I'm hoping others reading this will check out the site, see the value to the celiac community, get behind the votehemp campaign, and become the main backers of the growers thereby becoming the folks THEY answer to rather than some other group. It would be nice to have a grain grower looking to us for support! I see this as an opportunity for the celiac community in the U.S.
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 hathor

hathor

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Yes, I really like the tortillas. I have a freezer full of them.
McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00
Gluten free since 1/6/07
Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07
Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07
Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)
Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)
Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)
Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)
Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)
Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)
Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

#3 CNV612

CNV612

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:09 PM

I love hemp tortillas! I used to buy them at Whole Foods and now I can't find them. I read on another site that they were discontinued. I want them back! Where do you get them??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: