arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Do Liquid Vitamins And Medicines Absorb Better?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mflanders

mflanders

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

I definately need to get some good vitamins. I am trying liquid prozac too. Any help would be appreciated. Any recommendations on the vitamins too?

Missy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Viola 1

Viola 1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:29 PM

I definately need to get some good vitamins. I am trying liquid prozac too. Any help would be appreciated. Any recommendations on the vitamins too?

Missy

Yes, apparently they do absorb better. However, some people find them harder to digest ... for instance liquid Calcium doesn't sit well in my stomach.
Shirley

[Save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

#3 Guest_swezzan_*

Guest_swezzan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:17 AM

Missy

#4 Guest_swezzan_*

Guest_swezzan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:20 AM

Missy

#5 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:29 AM

I take a powdered vitamin, Rainbow Light Healthy Family Multivitamin, and see a noticable difference between it and a tablet.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#6 Joni63

Joni63

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

I take a powdered vitamin, Rainbow Light Healthy Family Multivitamin, and see a noticable difference between it and a tablet.

Hey missy'smom,

Just curious- do you get that at a Health Food Store? I can't stand taking the pills any more. It feels like they just lay in my stomach so I haven't been consistent. How do you take it? Mixed with something or sprinkled on food?

Thanks!
Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

#7 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hey missy'smom,

Just curious- do you get that at a Health Food Store? I can't stand taking the pills any more. It feels like they just lay in my stomach so I haven't been consistent. How do you take it? Mixed with something or sprinkled on food?

Thanks!

I felt exactly like you do and I used to take a tablet by the same brand. You can mix it in whatever you drink. I hadn't thought about sprinkling it on food. Whole Foods and the local healthfood store carry it. The healthfood store will order it for no extra cost(because they carry others by the same brand) and I imagine WF would do the same.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#8 Joni63

Joni63

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:36 PM

I felt exactly like you do and I used to take a tablet by the same brand. You can mix it in whatever you drink. I hadn't thought about sprinkling it on food. Whole Foods and the local healthfood store carry it. The healthfood store will order it for no extra cost(because they carry others by the same brand) and I imagine WF would do the same.

Thank you. I will look for it at my local HFS. I definately need something different.
Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: