21 replies to this topic

#16 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:36 AM

May be a silly question but would this show up in a full blood count test? I have had this 7 months ago and was normal

I'm not sure about that but my assumption has been that you always have to ask for vitamin levels to be checked.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 whattodo

whattodo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

For everyone who has has facial numbness, how long did they have it concecitavely. I have had mine for about 4 days now and not sure if i need to go back to the doctors. This is not the first time i have had it neither. I have had it once before about 2 months ago. I have my blood results coming back in 7 weeks but cant help but feel slightly uneasy that i need to wait that long to do anything about it. I do have a MRI scan on friday but hopefully that will be fine.
Hope i dont become a nuisance but there are so many questions i need to ask

#18 whattodo

whattodo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:11 AM

I have facial numbness primarily on the left side. It's gotten much better since going gluten-free.

Before I was diagnosed, I also had numbness and an altered feeling in my arm, and both of these along with tingling in my legs. At that point, the facial numbness was constant and was accompanied by tingling and frequent feelings of intense heat.

I would say it took about 4 months on the gluten-free diet for most of these symptoms to begin to subside.

In my case, I'm sure it was caused by vitamin/mineral deficiencies. I was also severly anemic.

Jerseyangel did you ever feel like you were about to have a stroke with the numb face. This seems to be a big worry with me.
Hope i dont become a nuisance but there are so many questions i need to ask

#19 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

Jerseyangel did you ever feel like you were about to have a stroke with the numb face. This seems to be a big worry with me.

It's really interesting that you should ask me that. Yes--one evening, on a Friday, I did get worried enough to call my doctor. This was about a week into the diet--and the numbness and tingling just got much worse, sort of all of a sudden.

Since it was pronounced on the left side, I panicked and actually thought about going to the emergency room. My husband thought I should call the doctor first, and I'm glad I did. Just speaking with her brought my anxiety level down.

I really think that it peaked at that point, and then slowly began to subside--it took a while, though.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#20 Calikat4

Calikat4

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

I completely forgot about this -- I used to get face numbness ALL the time (pre diagnosis). Then, one day when I had to get an IV due to dehydration (yikes, the things that happened before my appropriate diagnosis!) I had the numbness again and was told that the 2 were possibly related.

#21 Suzy12345

Suzy12345

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

hi i was just wandering if anyone else gets face numbness. I get it on the left side of my face and it comes and goes. There is no drooping or loss of movement.
I was just wandering if this is a sign of nerve damage or vitamin deficiency?

Anyone?

I could cry reading this post 

YES !!!!!!!!!!     I have started to find some answers
I started to loss the feeling in my face about 2 years ago ,and like most people the left side
I have seen heaps of Neurologist  and no one could figure out what was wrong and why  

I had a lap band done a year ago and that natural cut out a lot if gluten based foods from my diet.over the last 6 months my face numbness has lessoned very slowly but it has got better and better .  I had my band lossend and started to eat things like bread again and that is when i notice the worse stomach pains and my face numbness return with the worse pain ever.

i have had my testing done and changed my diet and if i slip with gluten my face numbness tells me about my mistake before my tummy 
i also have head fog so bad that i had to change jobs 

i can't wait to see my neuro again and tell me ,  
finding other people with the same makes me feel i am not insane , not imagined the systems. which i am sure some Doctors thought i was nuts or just saying it for attention

OMG 
i am so happy right now 
thank you all for sharing your stories 

I am only one week into Gluten Free and already i can start to see light at the end of the tunnel    

#22 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hi Suzy

Welcome to the forum :)

So glad these posts have helped you.

Just to let you know this is an old thread, and the original posters may not be about. Hopefully there will be some new ones to chip in their experiences.

Do ask lots of questions. Most of us have made it through the gluten free transition and can help out if you have any wobbles. Great you are already getting improvements.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: