This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Noodles & Company

terri

terri Contributor

:D Just got back from my first visit to Noodles. I had seen a carryout menu from a co-worker and it said to tell a manager if you have food allergies. I figured it was worth a visit. Well I asked for the manager and told her I was a Celiac and she whipped out a big graph with all the common allergens written across the top and their menu items listed down the side. If the box under your allergen was grey it meant it carried that contaminent. If the box was yellow, it was safe for you to eat! And, she said she would be happy to substitute any regular noodle with rice noodles cooked in their own fresh water. I got Bangkok Curry with chicken. Yum! I actually ate out without having to order a salad! I was thrilled. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all restaurants did this?

Noodles has locations in Vienna, Alexandria, Fairfax and Pentagon Row. Enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest barbara3675

OHMYGOSH----I thought I would never be able to eat at Noodles again, and it was one of my favorite new places to eat. Thanks for the information. To know they have rice noodles, cooked in fresh water is so great. I really didn't mind them at all when I tried them for the first time recently. Isn't it great to know there are restaurants that are beginning to be in tune with our eating style? Barbara

FreyaUSA Contributor

REALLY?!?! WooT! I'm going to put that as my date night choice for dinner this or the following week. Happy happy me :D

:) Thank you for posting this! :)

terri Contributor

You're welcome! I even wrote the company thanking them. I can't wait to go back! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cowboy

Great news about Noodles and Co. They are also increasing their locations in Illinois.

glen4cindy Apprentice

Is the full name of this place called Nothing But Noodles?

I looked that up on Google, but, the online menu has no mention of

gluten-free menu items.

Thanks!

terri Contributor

The name is Noodles and Company. When you go there you tell them you have a food allergy and they bring out a chart that lists the major allergens across the top and their menu items down the side. You go to the last column, wheat and gluten and go down and anything having a yellow square you can eat. Don't get too excited. There is only Bombay curry, Pad Thai and Chicken Rustica and the salad dressings that have a yellow box. Mind you, the salads are all off limits. The first time I had the Bombay Curry and it was great. The second time I had the Chicken Rustica and it was salty and I got sick. Two different managers, one that went back and supervised my meal, and another that brushed me off with, "you'll be fine, and I checked on your meal and it looks great". Remember to insist on a fresh pot to cook your noodles in. A lady I know has found wheat noodles in her rice noodles on two occasions. ( She had order a meal made with wheat noodles but asked them to substitute rice noodles). I think it's safer to order something where absolutely no substitutions need to be made, so they can't "slip up". I will try again and be much bossier next time. ( actually I tried to be bossy but I just wasn't bossy enough). I kept saying, aren't you going back there? You need to make sure my meal is cooked on a clean pan, etc. but, oh well, live and learn!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
TeachK71 Rookie

Hi!

I never even thought that was a place I would be able to eat at. I never even thought about checking. There are about 14 locations in the Chicago area too. Thanks for the information!

Kim

wildones Apprentice

Thanks for posting this :D My husband and I and our 3 kids are all gluten free. We tried noodles & co twice now, it was really good and none of us had any problems :D:D I was insistant that we talk to the managers both times (2 different restaurants) and that they personally prepared our meals in a fresh pot with fresh water. We had them put plain grilled chicken, olive oil and fresh parmesan cheese on our pasta. Both managers didn't really 'get it' until I explained more about celiac and just how important the fresh pot and fresh water was.

Noodles & co's national headquarters is a few minutes from my house so I am going to go there tommorrow and explain the importance of fresh water etc.. and thank them for having gluten free foods !!! It has been really nice for us to be able to eat at another restaurant that the kids love.

Lorraine

Archived