8 replies to this topic

#1 HawkFire

HawkFire

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:48 AM

Why does my message reminder at the top say -1 New Messages? That is weird. I looked and am not at my quota and no new message either. And... it clearly says -1 not just 1 ...minus one.
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

That's been happening since the board upgraded the last time.

You most likely deleted a PM? Every few days, the count goes back to zero.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

Why does my message reminder at the top say -1 New Messages? That is weird. I looked and am not at my quota and no new message either. And... it clearly says -1 not just 1 ...minus one.

You must have recently deleted some of your messages. That's just how it is indicted.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:53 AM

I have the same thing since the message boards were upgraded. It's a glitch, don't worry about it. I hope that Scott will have it fixed soon.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

Thanks. ^_^
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

#6 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

If you delete a message that hasn't been read you get the negative reading.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

The message count issue should correct itself. In an effort to save board resources and speed it up for everyone some settings have now been changed to free up resources, including real-time post and message counts. These are now updated every few hours instead of live.

Take care,
Scott
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#8 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

-1 PM's is a long standing bug in IPB that reoccurs from time to time in upgrades. Just ignore it. I have actaully had mine say -6 once, with out deleting anything. I see this on my board too, and spoken to IPB tech support about it and they just basically admit it happens and leave it at that. :)

Its harmless.... :D

- Vincent -

#9 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

I am glad this makes sense then. Thank you everyone for your answers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: