Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

New Lactose Problems?

27 posts in this topic

I am also becoming more intolerant. I used to be able to eat cheese. It used to give me gas, but now it just goes straight through.

Susette B)

Ads by Google:
:D funny--i still keep imodium in my purse along with some xanax, just for my own minds protection--i never take them, but i feel that i need them there, just because! deb :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Your body has been used to ingesting and has been coping with the gluten in its systems.  DON'T PANIC because your body is doing it for you.   Seriously now, the medical field has a technological term defining when a system is used to working a certain way/routine.  When that is either disrupted or changed, it could take a while for the body adjust to a different way of doing things.  Another factor in the increase in symptoms could possibly be that your body is starting to "clean house".  It's trying to get rid of the amounts of gluten hiding out in all its nooks and crannies.  It is going to be a long term process.  It's like cleaning out a vacuum hose or other household item that is just caked with gunk.  The first cleaning gets rid of a large portion of the gunk and ick.  The subsequent cleanings gets rid of more and more ick but in lesser amounts. I thought I was going to go crazy those first few months, but things are a lot better now. (I am about 10 months gluten free).  I still have moments of brain fog and even episodes, but my body is getting closer (and more used to)  to having a cleaner "household item".  I know it's tough at first with the increased onslaught of symptoms, but hang in there.   You may want to keep a journal of all that you ingest or come into contact with for a time to track anything that could exacerbate symptoms.  (For me, my episodes are chemically triggered as well.)  If for some reason a few months down the road, you still have large amounts of symptoms it would be a good idea to visit your GP again just in case there something else that is going on.  
    • I would love some help! After 20ish years of being misdiagnosed with IBS, I was diagnosed with celiac disease (positive blood test for tTG IgA and positive duodenal biopsy) ~ 6 weeks ago. Of course I've gone completely gluten free, and I've been crazy paranoid careful not to ingest any gluten. I've also completely avoided all oats (even certified gluten free) and cut out lactose (due to transient lactose intolerance... because I don't have villi) . But now I feel WAY WORSE. I've had abdominal pain every single day, which ranges from mild aching to severe 10/10 laying on the floor crying and vomiting pain. I understand that it takes a long time to get better, but why would I get so much worse? My best guess is SIBO, but I can't imagine that it could cause such extreme symptoms, can it?  So my question to you fine folks is: did this happen to anyone else? Have you gotten sicker after you changed your diet? Is this normal?  For arguments sake, lets assume that I did not ingest any gluten to cause these symptoms... Thank you for your help!
    • Thanks very much Cyclinglady. Yes, it is Kaiser. I doctor said the GI think it is unlikely to be celiac deisease (he did not say how he came to this conclusion), but he would be happy to do an upper endoscopy for me. I did some look up online, this procedure should be low risk. Still feel a little hesitate while reading the potential risks :(.
    • I would suggest you test your daughter through a doctor. The Enterolab tests are not recognized as accurate or reliable by the medical profession. See this link from the Chicago Celiac Disease Center: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/why-dont-you-recognize-tests-stool-tests-or-otherwise-for-gluten-sensitivity-that-are-currently-available-through-companies-like-enterolab-or-cyrex/
    • Sorry.  Something is wonky with either my connection or celiac.com! Your results are not specific...borderline.    That is why your PCP should refer you to a GI for further celiac blood tests and a possible endoscopy.  I recognize the lab report form.  Kaiser?  If so, a PCP can not order a full celiac panel.  Only a GI can do so.  Why bother?  Because if you test like me, the TTG tests are always negative.  Request the EMA and the DGPS test via a GI.   Do not be fooled by a lack of abdominal symptoms.  I was only anemic -- no abdominal issues at all.  Constipation is a symptom.  Your PCP is thinking is just historical Classic celiac disease symptoms.   Please email your doctor for the referral if you think you might have celiac disease and want a solid answer.    
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jessie.Cait