This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Who's Gonna Take Lord Stanley?

elye

elye Community Regular

I started a thread like this last year without much interest, so I thought I'd try again...C'mon, you fellow Canadians!

Who's gonna take the Stanley Cup this year? Amazing that there is such interest in who is going to take the American Idol title, but so little in the Holy Grail of North American Hockey. I'm a rabid Senators fan, so that is where my heart is. They've gotta do it this year!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Obviously the Rangers :D , provided that the officiating discriminating against every team that plays Buffalo (NYR, Islanders, etc.) doesn't continue :angry:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

This may not be the same thing, but I am rooting for the Hershey Bears to win the Caulder Cup.

Canadian Karen Community Regular
. I'm a rabid Senators fan, so that is where my heart is. They've gotta do it this year!

**Shudders********* :o

As much as you love your Senators, I probably hate them to the same degree...... <_<

Leave me in a room alone with Alfredsson for 10 minutes...... just 10 minutes, that all I ask...... :angry:

LEAF NATION!!!

wowzer Community Regular

Go Red Wings!!!

Go Red Wings!!!

Next to the Leafs, my next team I would want to win would be the Red Wings......

Felidae Enthusiast

Because I am Canadian and there is only one Canadian team left, I must support Ottawa. I guess that makes me a patriot! LOL

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

I"ve always liked Detroit, too...love Steve Yzerman...a really classy guy.

...kinda like Alfie...! :P

I"ve always liked Detroit, too...love Steve Yzerman...a really classy guy.

...kinda like Alfie...! :P

Now why are you making me choke on my morning tea!!!!! ;)

pnltbox27 Contributor

i'm in chicago , i thought the season ended in early april? what are these playoffs and stanley cup you speak of?? LOL . im a extremly disgruntled black hawk fan who vows to never go to another game until bill wirtz sells the team.i'm rooting for the WOLVES in the AHL PLAYOFFS.AS FAR AS THE STANLEY CUP, ANYONE EXCEPT THE FRIGGIN RED WINGS I HATE THEM.

elye Community Regular

Okay, so we start our series Thursday night against Buffalo, eliminate them in six, then move on to Detroit and take the Stanley Cup, again in six. :)

wowzer Community Regular

I say go Red Wings. They looked like they were on a mission in San Jose last night.

Daxin Explorer

I was hoping for a Calgary-Ottawa final, but since those blasted Red Wings beat them, I ope Ottawa(my 2nd fav team) goes all the way, and will beat Detroit in 5.

elye Community Regular

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS.....!!!! :):):)

Game one down, three to go!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

elye Community Regular

Aaaaahhhhhhh, it just gets better....

Two games down, two to go!

:):):)

Man, for a boring, staid, government town, you should all see how this city has just caught fire!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Go Maple Leafs!! Cast another vote for my son -- who, is such an avid fan, should actually get TWO votes!

Go Maple Leafs!! Cast another vote for my son -- who, is such an avid fan, should actually get TWO votes!

That's my Lynne! Unfortunately, the Leafs didn't make the playoffs this year though..... <_<:(

Lynne, you can officially vote for any team except for Ottawa...... If they ever get rid of Alfie, I will start cheering for them again....

Karen

Karen -- Got it. However, can't root for anyone in the playoffs now. Has to be the Maple Leafs. If I cast a vote for any other team, my son may disown me!!!!!!! Now I know why he's not interested in the Stanley Cup this year!!!!!

Ann1231 Enthusiast

I LOVE hockey! In fact, my birthday present was the NHL Center Ice channels! I, however, am crushed beyond words....my Dallas Stars lost to the Canucks in a very hard fought playoff series.

I've been gone so much I haven't been able to catch any of the games since then, and some of those Dallas games I had to tape and watch in the middle of the night!

My next choice would be the Red Wings.

Ann

elye Community Regular

...Eight goals for Alfie, Karen... ;)

My brother is also a big Leafs fan, (has lived there for many years), and also claims a hatred for the Senators. Now, I know that it is common for Leafs fans to hate us, and Alfie in particular...but why? No one seems to be able to say why Alfie is so despised by Toronto fans. I could see if he were a jerk, a dirty hitter and fighter, or completely lacking talent. But he's the most talented, hardest-working, versatile player perhaps in the world, not to mention a top-notch captain. Why the hatred? Was it that stick incident with his buddy Sundin? Need to know!

...... Ah! Could it be...Jealousy? :P

Ummmmm............

Open Original Shared Link

Now you know why Leaf fans hate him. Not to mention Tallinder (Sabres)

num1habsfan Rising Star

Anyone but Ottawa!!! I may be Canadian, but sorry. I absolutely cannot stand the Sens. I have 2 exceptions: Heatley and Spezza. Otherwise the rest can kiss my you-know-what. I think it's because they're my division rivals and acted all smart and full of it when we played each other. I'm cheering for Detroit!! (original 6, baby)

~ Lisa ~

elye Community Regular
Ummmmm............

Open Original Shared Link

Now you know why Leaf fans hate him. Not to mention Tallinder (Sabres)

Wow! What a hit! And to a big tough guy like Tucker.

Wow! What a hit! And to a big tough guy like Tucker.

Even the tough ones get hurt when it's a cheap shot! :P

Karen -- it's only half-way to the blue moon . . . . . . . are you already warming up???!!!

Archived