56 replies to this topic

#46 annaleeb

annaleeb

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:17 AM

if any of you know me, or feel like you kind of know me and dont mind a winer i need someone to talk to, just in general. I have lost everyone in my life that i can conside in and im all alone and its starting to eat me up inside. I have been really hurt lately by alot of people i considerd close to me and im feeling all alone. I try to talk to my "guy" friends but you know how that goes.. if anyone has the time or acually "cares" my msn is s0l3d@hotmail.com

Hi Lister, I am just finding this post. I am going to e-mail you OK. I am also in need of a good friend to talk to, and I am also a good listener. I am so sorry you are going through so much right now, I also have alot on my plate as well. I am sure we will have much to share with each other. Look for my e-mail, it will have my name Annalee in the address. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 Sweetfudge

Sweetfudge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:47 AM

I'm new to the board so I don't know you but I started crying when I read your message about being alone as I feel secluded and alone too. Then I read your second post and really can relate as I am giving up Mr. Greenbud right now too! I have used it for years and years to sleep as celiac seems to give you insomnia. I felt I was addicted too, but I believe the addiction is the habit, not the weed. I am having some withdrawals, sweats, which I think is getting it out of my system, but most of it is finding something else to do. It was the same way when I quit smoking cigarettes, but I did it so I know I can do this. On the sights about quitting cigs they say you have to replace the habit with something else. I'm sure it is the same with this, we have to find things to keep us busy so we don't think about it and don't get bored. I am 60, female, have probably smoked pot off and on for over 40 years, and don't have a job right now as I can't stay well for more than a few days at a time. You need a second job, an outdoor hobby or to volunteer your time somewhere. You sound like a truly good person and you need to be around more people. I know people your age that have 2 or 3 fast food jobs so they can get enuf hours to live. I think it is great that you are working toward your future and trying to do this so you can become a manager and it is wonderful that your manager is giving you a chance. You need to get out of the house and stop isolating yourself. Those old friends are over and done with, move on. You will meet new and better friends. The older ones on this board will tell you that when you get fired, dumped on, thrown out of your home, whatever, you look back and realize it was for the best, as long as you pull yourself out of the muck of self-pity. And talking helps, so bless this board! I've been reading alot lately about positive vs. negative energy and The Law of Attraction because of that bestseller book The Secret. I have gotten very negative and sad and of course depressed with being sick and lonely all the time, and of course, when we are stoned, none of that mattered, but when we are not, it does. The Law of Attraction says you attract the vibes you give off. The Secret is a little too extreme for me, it says whatever you tell yourself will happen to you will. If you believe you will get rich, you will, etc. On Oprah's website there is a lot more about it as she believes in it and had all the experts on her show that teach it. But I'd like to quote a little from a different book called Postive Energy=Positive Life by Judith Orloff, MD. "A basic dynamic of energy is that we attract who we are-the more positive energy we give off the more we magnetize to us. Ditto for negativity. Love attracts love. Grumpiness attracts grumpiness. Rage attracts rage. The explanation? This human form of ours is a subtle energy transmitter. We constantly send out signals that others pick up on. This is why opportunities do or do not show up in our lives." She then goes on to explain how to improve our positve energy level. One simple thing that has helped me is to try to just smile more, whether you feel like it or not. She says our brain does not know the difference between a fake smile and a real one and smiling changes our brain waves and makes us feel happier. Also, smiling and feeling love in your heart when you speak to people, especially if they are rude or indifferent. It shocks them and can change their attitude! The kinder we are to ourselves and others the more love we communicate. She says we have to do emotional housecleaning, that healing negativity prevents toxic build-up in our energy field. We need to identify our best parts (we all have them) and speak from them. Before we meet new people or attend an event have an inner pep talk. Say, "I am going to focus on my strengths and feel and trust the positive energy inside of me", and that journaling, talking with friends, meditating and introspection all further the healing process. As negativity leaves us our energy becomes more alluring and starts drawing positive people to us. I hope some of this helps you, it is helping me. I have never meditated, got stoned instead, but that is one thing I can replace it with. I hope you try some of this and let us know how you are doing.

you have it so right! i've been reading "your best life now" by joel osteen. not even planning on looking to bring God back in my life, but i did. i feel like i need to be a positive person in order to have a positive life. my marriage sucks right now, but i keep telling myself every day that things are getting better, that i'm getting better. and i'm starting to feel that. most of the time anyway... :rolleyes:

can blackbeans get contaminated? did not wanna open a new thread? all i ate yesterday was my normal gluten-free foods and then i made blackbean and rice borritos using mission yellow corn tortias, blackbeans from a can (i checked ingrediants only salt onion powder and blackbeans) and minute rice... and today my stomich was hurting so bad, like really really bad, i took some milk of magnesia and my stomich pains went away after about a hour but i should not have to resort to meds to remove my pain constantly

i know that walmart's brand doesn't list any gluten ingredients, but it does say made in a facility that handles wheat. don't know which brand you used, but maybe they're the same. i always rinse my black beans very well before eating them. mostly thought, i've cut beans out because they make my stomach hurt. not as bad as glutening, but still very uncomfortable. or if i do eat beans, i try and eat refried, since they're mushed up and that makes them easier to digest.

i am totally excited for you that opportunities are opening up for you! grab hold of them, and hang on! this could be the chance to take you to the top!! your cat is way cute by the way :) have a great day!!!
Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT
Gluten-free since June 2006
Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991
Dairy-free for good since summer 2008
Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008
Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(
Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

#48 Lister

Lister

Sidewalks are for skating

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

hehe, i started my own busness and its acually paying hehe. it costs me absolutly nothing to do and i make 25 dollers per client and its only 5 minutes of work :)
I mod peoples PSP's(portable sony playstion) so that it can play emulated games such as snes,genisis,nes and arcade games as well as play backups of psp games so they dont have to pay 50 dollers per game anymore, I posted a add in craigslist about my service and got over 12 hits in one day :) aka 300 dollers in one day for less then a hour worth of work

oh i found a fairly easy laxitive hehe, arbys roastbeef, its tasty and definatly gets the job done lol

#49 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:55 AM

oh i found a fairly easy laxitive hehe, arbys roastbeef, its tasty and definatly gets the job done lol

Are you off the gluten-free diet? I am assuming you must be if you are eating this stuff.

Glad the comp thing is going well, you may even get buzy enough to quit your 'day' job eventually. I am glad things are going better.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#50 Lister

Lister

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:21 PM

arbys roast beef is gluten-free, i meen yes i could go back to eating gluten or atleast that is what i was told from both my gastroentorolgist and my regulaor doc but i dont wanna risk it so i stay gluten-free, arbys's roast beef and most of there sauces are gluten-free, and since i work there, there is no chance of cc

#51 Guest_JennyK_*

Guest_JennyK_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

how much magensium would you have to take to overdose? because i took the recommend dosage at 9am its 7pm and i still have not used the rr, so i was thinking about taking another dosage, not sure why but for the past like 2 weeks it seems like my colon has stoped working or something

Hi Lister,

I take lots of magnesium supplements for stress, anxiety and to help me sleep (along with calcium and or coral calcium). My nutritionist said that you will get a headache if you take too much magnesium. I've also read from several different sources that approx. 75% of the population is deficient in magnesium. I think this is a relatively safe supplement, especially for those who have absorbtion issues - I think it may be hard to take too much. I'm not an expert, this is just my experience.

Jenny

#52 KarenDianne

KarenDianne

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

Beans bother me sometimes and sometimes they don't ... when they're a major part of a meal, there is a bigger chance of them bothering me than if they're a side dish. I don't think it's the gluten ... seems okay to me.

Hi there...you seem to be on the site a lot and have been around for a while and have some good advice...so I'm stopping by to bother you, if you don't mind. Rather than write a book here (oops...tool ate, I guess)...I'm new to the celiac disease diet and lifestyle...it's horrible...but I'm working on it! I can't find how to post a question etc. other than by jumping in on someone's posts, as I am now. Can you tell me how? Several days ago I wrote several comments and questions but then wasn't able to get back on to check results for a couple days...and now I don't see a thing, either my posts or any answers. I think I've had celiac disease for 20-25 years at least and had no idea what all my "stomach problems" were. I'm pretty convinced now that it's celiac disease - seeing a dr. and having the bloodwork...maybe the colonoscopy but definitely do not want the endoscopy. Basically I'm losing weight like crazy...maybe not a lot to some people I've read on here...but a whole lot for someone who is 5'2" and already a small frame...I've lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks...my ribs are showing, I've lost several clothing sizes and I'm sooo hungry all the time. My "body" just aches...Eating rice/potatoes and homemade vegetable soup (tastes good but really gives me gas pains up under my ribs...)...trying some gluten-free products but want to know about practical things...like are hamburgers ok?? I read someone said arby's roast beef and their sauce was gluten-free??? This would be miraculous...I could actually put it on my gluten-free bread and feel normal...but somehow I'm not sure it's ok to eat. What about something like Classico spaghetti sauce on gluten-free noodles? I didn't read anything on the jar that was off limits for me but I'm so afraid to try it...?
OK I'm done for now...I'll check in tomorrow and see if you've responded...so far I haven't heard from anyone and it'd sure be nice to hear from another celiac person...it's such a whole new world and very scary to think I'm always going to feel like this...I'm hoping it does get a lot better. Thanks so much for your response (please respond to as many things as you can) - I really look forward to it. FYI: I'm a "new senior citizen" with grandkids who took early retirement due to health problems (only a couple years early), and have a business out of my home that I absolutely love. I feel very blessed - but sure could use some encouragement in the celiac disease department. Thanks! KarenDianne

#53 Lister

Lister

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

karien if you need diet typs or ideas of what to eat just send me a pm or post here and i can help you out, even though i (aparently) dont have to eat this way i have chosen to as fear as to what may happen if i challange it, so i have been living gluten-free for a year now without hardly any mistakes, and recently i have come up with lots of good diffrent ideas so that way i am almost always eating something diffrent everynight and feeling like i eat like a normal person (besides for pizza) prague sauces (for what i have seen) are all gluten free and i use them all the time with tinkiadink pasta noodles, i will give you more ideas later if y ou want im acually kinda drunk right now(friends birthday had a wine bash) so typing is maken me a lil dizzy and its taking me to much thought but i will get back to you in the morning. Some great breakfast ideas, vans gluten free waffles( never had a reaction) with a side of eggs makes for a filling breakfast that sticks with you i usualy use like a smuckers syrup with it and its delishuse

#54 Lister

Lister

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:06 AM

as for your wait loss, it may be freaking but its acually normal. Did your diet consist of alot of gluten before going gluten-free? if so, the diet even though not 100% carb free is alot way alot less carbs, so as if it was the atkins(though its not) you do loose alot of weight fairly rapidly) i went from 300+ to 150 in less then 4 months, i was freaking out i thought i was dieing but after about 5 months the weight loss started to balance out and after a year i was finally able to gain about 7 pounds. I am currently at 155 and am as healthy as i have ever been (besides for random stomich pains)

#55 Lister

Lister

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:29 AM

oh and also, for anyone that was wondering about gluten-free beer and about the taste. My local beer mart ( i live in a college town we have buildings soly dedicated to just beer not liqour just beer, happens to carry 3 diffrent gluten free beers (hehe, aparently 1/5th of the college has a gluten intolerancy so its very very populer) anyways i picked up two bottles of bards tale (fricking expensive 2dollers a bottle regular size) anyways i drank some of one and let my friends try it also and they all said it tastes just like a regular beer but acually smoother, yeah thats right it tasts like a beer but with a even better tast, i compare it to killians(o how i miss my killians irish beer) anyways its good tastes like the real thing. If you can find it aaprently most albertsons cary it, its tasty and just like the real deal

#56 Glutenfreefamily

Glutenfreefamily

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

Hi there...you seem to be on the site a lot and have been around for a while and have some good advice...so I'm stopping by to bother you, if you don't mind. Rather than write a book here (oops...tool ate, I guess)...I'm new to the celiac disease diet and lifestyle...it's horrible...but I'm working on it! I can't find how to post a question etc. other than by jumping in on someone's posts, as I am now. Can you tell me how? Several days ago I wrote several comments and questions but then wasn't able to get back on to check results for a couple days...and now I don't see a thing, either my posts or any answers. I think I've had celiac disease for 20-25 years at least and had no idea what all my "stomach problems" were. I'm pretty convinced now that it's celiac disease - seeing a dr. and having the bloodwork...maybe the colonoscopy but definitely do not want the endoscopy. Basically I'm losing weight like crazy...maybe not a lot to some people I've read on here...but a whole lot for someone who is 5'2" and already a small frame...I've lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks...my ribs are showing, I've lost several clothing sizes and I'm sooo hungry all the time. My "body" just aches...Eating rice/potatoes and homemade vegetable soup (tastes good but really gives me gas pains up under my ribs...)...trying some gluten-free products but want to know about practical things...like are hamburgers ok?? I read someone said arby's roast beef and their sauce was gluten-free??? This would be miraculous...I could actually put it on my gluten-free bread and feel normal...but somehow I'm not sure it's ok to eat. What about something like Classico spaghetti sauce on gluten-free noodles? I didn't read anything on the jar that was off limits for me but I'm so afraid to try it...?
OK I'm done for now...I'll check in tomorrow and see if you've responded...so far I haven't heard from anyone and it'd sure be nice to hear from another celiac person...it's such a whole new world and very scary to think I'm always going to feel like this...I'm hoping it does get a lot better. Thanks so much for your response (please respond to as many things as you can) - I really look forward to it. FYI: I'm a "new senior citizen" with grandkids who took early retirement due to health problems (only a couple years early), and have a business out of my home that I absolutely love. I feel very blessed - but sure could use some encouragement in the celiac disease department. Thanks! KarenDianne

Hi KarenDianne :)

Im not Carla but I would be glad to help out. To make a new post click on the forum area that you want to post such as "coping with" On the right side of the screen at the top there is a box labeled "new post" click on that and type your subject and message in there. It wont come up instanty because it needs to be pinned by a moderator. It usually doesn't take long at all to be pinned. With them pinning the post it helps keep spam and other offending posts off the board. Plain meat, vegetables and fruit are gluten free. All Classico sauces are gluten free. I love their alfredo sauces. My favorite noodles are tinkyada to go with it.

It is scary at first not knowing what to eat but slowly it becomes easy, also I would look through the products section of this board and the baking area. At restaurants there is always a risk of cross contamination with gluten. I dont eat out for this reason. Have you called on your soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and lotions? I do look some stuff up here but I call quite a bit too since alot of times they will send a list to you of all their gluten free stuff. For dish soap I use sunlight, shampoo and conditioner I use suave, and softsoap for handsoap. McCormick's spices that are individual are gluten free (meaning just cinnamon, sage, paprika). The mixes I use that are gluten free are mcCormick's sloppy joe and mccormick's taco seasoning.

:)

#57 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:12 AM

KarenDianne, looks like you've gotten some good answers. I'll send you a PM so that we don't further hijack Lister's thread.

Lister, I'm SO glad to hear you say you're doing so well. We've all been worried about you for so long, it's wonderful to know you're feeling better.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: