Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Do You Guys Ever Feel Drugged After Eating?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Woolygimp

Woolygimp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

During recovery, after eating a large meal with absolutely no chance of having gluten or allergens (milk, dairy, soy), do you guys feel 'tranq-d', and fall asleep for 2-3 hours?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

This is a sign that your digestion is not working properly. Try digestive enzymes before you eat and eat smaller meals. Also, if your meal has lots of carbs, this could be a sign of candida overgrowth.

#3 bluejeangirl

bluejeangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

Most of the meals I eat tend to be low in carbs or especially low in any grains so what will happen with me is I'll get a craving for a big plate of spaghetti. Since it'll drive me crazy until I have it I'll make my special spaghetti sauce and of course tinkyada spaghetti noodles (I LOVE them) and eat usually way to much. The only thing is I'm heading off to bed by 9:00 that evening. Then the next day I'm tired too. Its one of those foods where I can't stop eating once I start.

Gail
Gluten Free since Jan. 06
Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602
Lactose intolerant.

#4 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

Craving carbs is another symptom of candida overgrowth.

#5 Woolygimp

Woolygimp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

Craving carbs is another symptom of candida overgrowth.

I'm skeptical about the whole 'candida' thing, as I haven't found a single reputable medical source that actually finds this a credible diagnosis.

#6 Nancym

Nancym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

IMHO craving carbs means you're eating too many of them. It happens when you eat a carby meal, your blood sugar raises up high, you release a lot of insulin to handle it, that quick drop in blood sugar starts off more hunger and desire for more carbs. I suppose it is useful for when you're packing away calories during the gathering season as a hunter/gatherer but it ends up as diabetes and obesity in our current society with 24/7 access to extremely high carb foods.

I also get very sleepy when I eat too many carbs. Generally I stick with meat, fruits, veggies, nuts, and that sort of thing. Every now and then I have rice and then I'm in going to be craving carbs again for awhile.

Did you know that white rice has a higher glycemic index than sugar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: