This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tiredofdoctors - Lynne

mouse

mouse Enthusiast

Lynne just phoned me to tell me the latest. She had an MRI of the brain yesterday and one of her doctors phoned to tell her that she is going to have a angiogram CT of the brain tomorrow. She has an aneurysm deep in the internal carotid artery.

We both knew from the first appt. that she would probably have to have brain surgery, but not to this extent. I had told her originally that after they shaved a small part of her head, she could do a comb over like Donald Trump. She laughed so hard over that. With this surgery, she will probably have half of her head shaved and she told me that she thought that afterwards she could dye that half black, wear blue lipstick and black nail polish LOL. Go with the punk look.

Lynne and I both believe that she will come through this with flying colors. She had one neuro doctor blow off her symptoms. Her cardiologist insisted that she see her other neuro immediately and made Lynne promise. Otherwise Lynne would have waited until her scheduled August appt. She kept her promise and everything has happened fast since then. So, we feel that this was meant to be caught, before it was too late.

She sees the neuro-surgeon next Tuesday with ALL X-rays in hand.

Please send good thoughts and prayers her way. If Lynne does not post, I will keep everyone up to date.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

I'll definately say a prayer for Lynne! If anyone can carry off having half her head shaved, it's her! :lol: Good thing she won't be able to talk during the surgery or the doctors wouldn't be able to concentrate ... her sense of humor through difficult situations is unbelievable.

Lisa Mentor

Metta:

If anyone could pull this off with some humor, it's Lynne. For those of you who don't know Lynne (she has not posted in a long time due to other health issues), she is one too funny chick. She is a giving and tenderhearted soul.

It's been a tough month for Lynne. Her beloved grandmother died last week at 101. I have been thinking about her every day. My thoughts and prayers are always with Lynne, Dave and her children.

Some of the neatest, coolest, loving friends I have, I have met here. Let's continue to do what we do here. Collective prayers, thoughts and support can carry Lynne a long way.

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for the heads up Armetta. We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

dlp252 Apprentice

Prayer said! I'll keep praying.

happygirl Collaborator

Armetta,

Thanks so much for the update. We really appreciate it.

Lynne, Hope you sign on and get to read these warm wishes for you. We all hope and pray for the absolute BEST for you. Please let us know what we can to to help....and know that we care deeply for you!

xoxo,

Laura

aikiducky Apprentice

I'll be thinking of her, too.

Pauliina

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nantzie Collaborator

I'm praying for her. Let her know she's missed on the board.

I'm sure she'll be able to pull off the hairstyle. I vote for blue with black ends. Very current.

Nancy

pedro Explorer

I am also here. Please keep us inform of the progress.

I am honor to have friends like all of you.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I will be calling her tomorrow so I will try to post an update also.....

If anyone can get through this, it's Lynne. She is one of the strongest people I know!

Karen

Ursa Major Collaborator

I will be praying, too.

mamabear Explorer

Thanks, Metta for the post. I have had her on my mind lately and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynne.......hang in there !! I am looking forward to your speedy recovery and brilliant , funny posts!

Ann

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Lynne, we're all sending you prayers, good thoughts, good vibes, positive energy, laughter, and love!

Here's to a speedy recovery and a punk hairdo!

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Lynne,

Can I call you Britney? ;)

2kids4me Contributor

Adding my thoughts and prayers along with everyone. Keeping fingers corssed that everything goes well - and good thing for a second opinion!

Can I call you Britney?

:D:lol::lol::lol:

Good one Karen!

sandy

jerseyangel Proficient

Lynne,

Please know that we wish only the very best for you :) I will keep you in my prayers.

(Thanks, Metta)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I will say a prayer for Lynne, she is such a sweet person.

elye Community Regular

Lynne welcomed me so wholeheartedly when I first joined this forum, and made me laugh at my silly fears and unwarraranted complaints about my yucky new disease. I'm sending my prayers, too, Lynne, and hope I can return the favour by sending some laughter your way when you're back on here with us... :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I'm sending my prayers, too, Lynne, and hope I can return the favour by sending some laughter your way when you're back on here with us... :)

OMG YES!! Lynne has a FANTASTIC sense of humour!!!!

LYNNE!! (Britney ;) ) I know you can get through this with flying colours !! ----will be thinking of you :)

Cheri A Contributor

((Lynne)) ~ saying a prayer for you!

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Thinking of Lynne and sending good vibes.

I vote for half blue/half pink with a fake tattoo on the shaved side. The fake tatto should be a "no grain" logo. ;)

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Of all the people that could use a break from all these health issues, Lynne is at the top of the list.

Say a prayer, keep her in your thoughts and send her plenty of cyber hugs.

Here is one from me Lynne

<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

p.s. I vote mohawk, like Mr. T - you need to show off the scar, it will give you colossol amounts of "street cred".

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I'll be thinking of her and praying also. She has been through so much and is such a help to others. I am so glad they caught this in time.

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!! See, Scott didn't kick me off, after all -- mouth and everything!!!

Thank you guys so much for all the good thoughts.

I CANNOT be Britney -- I wear underwear, Karen. We won't go any further with that. ;)

Mohawk? Good possibility, Chris. Seriously, if you would see me now, you wouldn't believe how long my hair has gotten. I FINALLY have long, luxurious blonde hair (my childhood goal) and wouldn't you know it --it may have to be SHAVED OFF! I would get a lot of street cred if I let my scar show. Although, when I'm downtown at my doctors' offices now, and I go to the two stores that I like, I have to go through a really SKANKY part of town. The last time I was rollin' along, I came across two gang members -- individually. The first one was wearing a black hooded shirt, then a white hoodie on top. I could see the gun shoved in his waistband. He looks at me and says, "You'd better be careful around here, O.K.?" Then, I'm ambling along, come across another gang member (different gang -- different colors). He says, "Hey -- be careful, you hear me?" I told him I'd be careful. Have to say, even the wino's are really nice to me, though. I must have SOME kind of street cred down there!!!

Personally, I'm thinking this: If they can do a cardiac catheterization by going through the groin, then why couldn't they just thread that sucker a little farther up and send it on into my brain? :lol: Think about it -- they're ALL interconnected! :P The only problem would be that instead of branching off like they're supposed to (the OFFICIAL word is "bifurcating" -- just to pseudo-impress you guys), the artery that they think has the aneurysm does a triple loop before going on. See -- I even have talented ARTERIES!!!!!!!!! B) Either that, or they're just as screwed up as I am! I saw a shirt -- it said, "I finally got my head straight, and my body started falling apart." Story of MY life.

I'm, of course, still hoping that it ISN'T an aneurysm, that it just looks like it on the MRI / MRA, and that all will be right with the world again. Realistically, I don't know that I'm being realistic. My neurologist told me when he called -- when he was ordering the MRI and MRA that I should go into the neurosurgeon's office prepared to hear that I have to have surgery. Of course, I'm thinking that there is an impingement on my vertebral artery in the back of my neck, so I'm thinking that I'd just have to have a cervical spine disc removed. I just said, "Okay." in my cheery voice. Then he said, "Lynne, I mean that you need to be prepared that you may have to have BRAIN surgery." My voice wasn't so cheery this time. I just said, "Oh."

So, I do think we need to take a poll: If they have to shave my head, because it is going to be on one particular spot, then what should I do with the REST of it? We know that we have one vote for a mohawk, and I do particularly like the idea of the blue with the black tips. I could pull off Goth. I'd get a fake eye ring, fake lip ring, put a temporary tattoo on the shaved part. I personally think that could work. I would, however, have to shave an ADDITIONAL portion of my head, and I will, of course, film it so that I could be ALMOST as famous as Britney -- but still wear underwear. Don't want any papparazzi shooting pics of -- well, you know -- as I'm getting out of a car. Not only would it be in incredibly poor taste, but I am also a bit older than Britney! :lol::lol::lol: Yuck. Enough of that thought.

In all seriousness, I am scared. I really DO hope that it isn't an aneurysm. Unfortunately, I had the best neurology teacher there ever was, and I was tutored by the neurologist that is treating me when I was in school. Everything that I KNOW says that it is. I guess I'm just hoping that I'm wrong. Also, it's only 3mm. I don't know if that is large for an aneurysm -- I know it's not for large vessels -- it wouldn't even be CONSIDERED in some. I just don't know if it is large for small ones. I'm too scared at this point to look it up. I looked at the MRI films of the brain and cervical spine because I'm nosey -- like those who know me didn't know that. Then, I pulled ONE FILM out of the MRA, saw the "blip", which is what I'm preferring to call it right now, and said, "Holy S*#t." I put the film back in the package with the others, and I haven't looked at them since. That speaks volumes to me.

So, my grandmother must be helping me out. She had her stroke RIGHT AFTER my birthday party. We had walked in the door when we got the call that she had fallen. I went to the ER, and I told her that I knew what had happened, that I knew she could hear us and understand us, but that she just couldn't TALK because of the area of her brain that had gotten hurt. I told her that I promised she would be okay. She turned her eyes and looked at me as if to say, "Don't you DARE lie to me -- I'm your grandmother." When I visited her, I was asking her how she was doing, telling her she looked pretty -- she takes her left hand (her right side was paralyzed) and hits my leg. I kept talking, and she hits my leg again. I said, "I'm doing okay." Then she hits my leg AGAIN. I said, "Okay! They haven't been able to do the biopsy, because I'm arguing with the hospital over the insurance coverage. I'm taking the mitochondrial "cocktail" that the geneticist ordered anyway. I have to go back to the eye doctor in May. Is that enough?" She smiled and stopped hitting my leg! So now she is just making sure that the doctors find EVERYTHING that could be causing the trouble. It could be that, if they could get my left eye better, I could walk better and I wouldn't have so much trouble trying to figure out where everything is -- and I could get NICE new dishes without fear of dropping them off the side of the counter because I couldn't judge where it is! All my really nice dishes have had a number done on them. Sheesh -- such is life. (Karen, did you notice the Canadian reference???) It would also be really nice not to have so many bruises. I look like a battered wife. It's pretty bad. Also, I'm just tired of falling. At some point, it has become really annoying.

Thank you ALL for the prayers, good vibes, cyber-hugs -- I really appreciate -- and NEED them. While I'm keeping a really good bravado around here, I'm also really really scared. Of course, that won't stop me from cracking jokes all the way up until they put me under! I hope it's not one of those things where you have to be awake. OMG -- there is NO WAY I would not be able to keep my mouth under control. Remember the absolutely NO SENSE OF HUMOR nurses when I had my endoscopy and colonoscopy? Can you imagine if they're working on your BRAIN and not your BUTT?? The outlook for that would be bleak.

I still want a vote taken for shave styles -- the more creative, the better!

Love to you all,

Lynne

P.S. If you want my story about what an IDIOT I made of myself with the postman, e-mail me! :o

Lisa Mentor

WHAT A GOOFBALL!! :lol:

Archived