7 replies to this topic

#1 wildones

wildones

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:59 PM

I saw this in another post you wrote and am wondering if you could give me some more info please :D

"When I talked to a nutritionist, Anne Lee (who works with famous celiac Dr. Green), she said that one of the key things is not to worry -- stress is not good for dealing with and recovering from celiac disease...[QUOTE]"

Do you have contact information for Dr. Green and his/her nutritionist ?
Our whole family-me, husband and each of our triplets has celiac disease or is gluten intolerant. One of my boys also has major GI challenges besides celiac disease- He has had over 70% of his small intestines, his ileocecal valve and part of his colon removed, so he has SBS (short bowel syndrome). He also has damage to his common bile duct from gal bladder surgery removal when he was 5 yrs old. He now has a biliary stent in place after 3 recent proceedure to remove stones in his bile duct. He may also have a liver disorder called Caroli's disease. So obviously not just a 'simple' case of celiac disease as far as nutrition challenges. I have been looking for a really good nutritionist to help us. More info than you needed :D but.. thanks for any info you can provide.
Lorraine

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:54 AM

I have her business card, and if you call her office, I'm sure you could get Dr. Green's number. I just typed out all the info., in case you also want things such as e-mail:

Anne Roland Lee, MSEd, RD, CDE
Nutritonist
Celiac Disease Center at Columbia

Herbert Irving Pavillion
New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Colubia University College of Physicians & Surgeons

161 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 342-0252
Fax: (212) 305-3364
E-mail: arl2004@columbia.edu

#3 wildones

wildones

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:56 AM

thank you !!!

#4 ryebaby0

ryebaby0

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:49 PM

Not to barge in , but have you contacted the peds GI department at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh? Or did he have the SBS surgeries there? I know they do lots of work with short bowel kids and the GI department has it's own nutritionist, who we see whenever we have a GI doc appointment. They have a really good website, too, with contact information, but the nutritionist's name is Carey O'Brien.

joanna
Mom/wife to celiacs dx 12/03 and 12/04

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts -George Tilton

#5 Happycat

Happycat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:58 AM

Hi Lorraine,

I have Dr. Peter Green's # 212-305-559. His address is Coumbia University Hospital 161 Ft. Washington Ave. NY,NY 10032.

Hope it helps

Lisa :rolleyes:

#6 Happycat

Happycat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

Sorry, 212-305-5590

Lisa

#7 wildones

wildones

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

Hi Lisa
Thanks for the number :)

Hi Joanna
My son's Gi drs have their own nutritionist and we have also seen several nutritionists at our local children's hospital, but it has been a while since we have been there. My son has also seen a peds GI dr who specializes in nutrition, but I haven't been real thrilled with any of them. He has a very unique combination of GI issues-the SBS, celiac and Caroli's disease(possibly-we don't know if he has it for certain now) is extremely unusual. I have heard thet the clinic you are referring to has a GI motility clinic is that true ? My son also has some yet to be definitively diagnosed motility issues, even though he has seen a dr in Kansas City for diagnostic testing (the dr there was a JERK) Long story, but a complete waste of time :angry:

#8 ryebaby0

ryebaby0

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 07:19 AM

Yes, children's has a motility clinic -- it's one of their areas of expertise. Through the experience of hospitalization we met almost all of the Pittsburgh GI peds at Children's Hospital, and while I personally liked some of them more than others, they are all really good at what they do. Good luck in your journey
Mom/wife to celiacs dx 12/03 and 12/04

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts -George Tilton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: