2 replies to this topic

#1 sunshinen

sunshinen

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

This is killing me. I may have been glutened a week ago, but this is happening after every meal, and I don't think it is gluten-related, though it could be symptoms from last week. Normally the biggest, longest-lasting I've-been-glutened symptom is joint pain, though, and I don't have that.

My stomach gets bloated and very painful about 2-3 hours after I eat. Sometimes it feels almost as if the circulation in my abdomen has been cut off, often on the upper left side. Any ideas? My usual enzymes to help digest food don't seem to help at all.
Gluten-Free since February 2006

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,678 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:43 PM

This could be from the glutening but you should really check this out if it continues or gets worse.. Until you can get in to see your doctor have you tried some Pepto? I get pretty bad tummy pain with glutenings and it does seem to help.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 sunshinen

sunshinen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

This could be from the glutening but you should really check this out if it continues or gets worse.. Until you can get in to see your doctor have you tried some Pepto? I get pretty bad tummy pain with glutenings and it does seem to help.

Is Pepto safe/recommended if I tend to have more problems with C than D? Thanks for the tip. I am definitely looking for any painkilling ideas as I don't want to take the usual painkillers such as tylenol or advil that might be harder on the tummy. I'm out of town, so it will be at least Monday till I can see a doctor.
Gluten-Free since February 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: