33 replies to this topic

#1 dally099

dally099

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:22 AM

so im eating my breky this morning and i bought my self some dannon activa yogurt, ive been eating yogurt from the health food stores with no probs, but this morning i have gone to the bathroom twice allready. now im reading some conflicting stuff on the web about this yogurt but i did find a site that states it is no longer gluten-free as some of the natural flavors may accually have gluten in them. anyone have problems with this brand of yogurt. im lactose intolerant and yogurt is one thing that i can handle without having to take a lactaid so im hoping that its just this brand as yesterday i ate my stuff from the health food store with no problems.

Nadine
mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)
all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006
G.F. since Feb 2007
Soy free since April 2007
Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:
Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)
carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene
nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

Stick to natural organic yogurt without sugar if you want to help your gut. I don't know if it has gluten.

#3 JennyC

JennyC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

I looked it up on my Clan Thompson software and it said that it has stabilizers that may contain gluten so they have it listed as NOT gluten free. Yoplait is a General Mills company so they will list any gluten. Tillamook yogurt is also gluten free.
Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.
Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:51 AM

In the US Dannon Yogurts are not safe. Here is the statement from the company:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:BnWTT...;celiac disease=1&gl=us

Gluten
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, oats, rye and barley.DANNON yogurt products are not formulated to contain gluten, but they cannot be considered gluten free. This is because the natural flavor system used might have ingredients added to stabilize the flavor. These ingredients can be derived from gluten sources. Since there is a currentlack of consensus on individual sensitivity levels to gluten and there are no accurate tests to detect the presence and amount of gluten, DANNON’S products cannot be classi-fied as “gluten free.”®®
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 dally099

dally099

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:50 AM

thanks!! :lol:

Nadine
mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)
G.F. since Feb 2007

entrolab results:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

#6 LittleZoe

LittleZoe

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:35 AM

In Canada the Activia yoghurt has wheat listed right in the ingredients! Why you need to put wheat in yoghurt is beyond me.
Gluten-free as of February 14, 2007
Casein/Lactose free since childhood

#7 dally099

dally099

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

hi i just looked on the ingredients and i didnt see wheat listed and im in canada.

Nadine
G.F. since Feb 2007

entrolab results:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

#8 KarenDianne

KarenDianne

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:58 PM

I looked it up on my Clan Thompson software and it said that it has stabilizers that may contain gluten so they have it listed as NOT gluten free. Yoplait is a General Mills company so they will list any gluten. Tillamook yogurt is also gluten free.

Hi there...could u pls tell me what Clan Thompson software is and what it does that has to do with celiac disease etc? Thanks!
KarenDianne

#9 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Hi there...could u pls tell me what Clan Thompson software is and what it does that has to do with celiac disease etc? Thanks!
KarenDianne

Clan Thompson has a program that you can purchase with mainstream gluten free product listing and down load it on your PC or say a Palm Pilot. I'm sure you could find information at www.Clan Thompson.com,
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#10 Nic

Nic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

In Canada the Activia yoghurt has wheat listed right in the ingredients! Why you need to put wheat in yoghurt is beyond me.

Just have to say LOVE THAT PICTURE!!! Really adorable :P .

#11 anerissara

anerissara

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:33 AM

Oh no, I've been drinking the Dannon Activa every morning for the last month! AAAAAAhHhhhhhh! It *looked* gluten free....I should know better than to trust that, though. ACK! And yes, I have been sick lately....sigh.

I guess it's off to look for another yoghurt!
"I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" -Psalm 91

gluten-free since January 26th, 2005
Feeling up and down, but better!

Mommy of a gluten-free 8 yr old, a 6 yr old who (much to her dismay) will be gluten-free soon and a 2 yr old who is so far symptom-free. Contemplating putting the whole family on the gluten-free diet since crumbs have become my nemisis!

#12 LittleZoe

LittleZoe

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

hi i just looked on the ingredients and i didnt see wheat listed and im in canada.

Really? That's strange. I don't eat yogurt because I'm allergic but a coworker brought one over to me and I read the ingredients. It said right on it that it contained gluten. I wonder if its a certain flavor or something. The one I read definitely had gluten in it.
Gluten-free as of February 14, 2007
Casein/Lactose free since childhood

#13 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:35 AM

Why, because it is additive :ph34r: and because they want the yogurt thick and creamy.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

#14 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:40 AM

Oh no, I've been drinking the Dannon Activa every morning for the last month! AAAAAAhHhhhhhh! It *looked* gluten free....I should know better than to trust that, though. ACK! And yes, I have been sick lately....sigh.

I guess it's off to look for another yoghurt!

Thats why I look for the least processed products available. You can look for the least ingredient yogurt, my Wegmans brand has "pasturized lowfat milk, nonfat milk and pectin" thats it. I just throw some in a blender with a banana and some other fruit. Makes a yogurt smoothie in seconds with all the good bacteria and flavor you could want.

#15 PurpleMel

PurpleMel

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

so im eating my breky this morning and i bought my self some dannon activa yogurt, ive been eating yogurt from the health food stores with no probs, but this morning i have gone to the bathroom twice allready. now im reading some conflicting stuff on the web about this yogurt but i did find a site that states it is no longer gluten-free as some of the natural flavors may accually have gluten in them. anyone have problems with this brand of yogurt. im lactose intolerant and yogurt is one thing that i can handle without having to take a lactaid so im hoping that its just this brand as yesterday i ate my stuff from the health food store with no problems.

This is the reply that I just received from Danone march 24, 2010. Hope this helps!

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Only 'Activia Fibre', 'Activia Fat Free Fibre' and 'Silhouette Satisfaction' lines contain or may contain gluten :

Activia Fibre : Red fruits and cereals, Peach and cereals, Strawberry kiwi and cereals, Apple Muesli and nuts

Activia Fat Free Fibre : Red fruits and cereals, Apple Muesli, Strawberry kiwi and cereals, Vanilla cereals

Silhouette Satisfaction : Red fruits musli and nuts, Blackberry/ Blueberry musli and nuts

All the other Danone product are gluten and nuts free.

As a guideline, we always write on the ingredients list if a yogurt contains gluten or nuts.

You can be assured of Danone's consideration for all comments and questions from its customers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: