1 reply to this topic

#1 jenr69

jenr69

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:49 AM

Hello all. My dad was diagnosed with Celiac’s about 3 years ago. My 20 month old daughter Vicky had a confirmatory biopsy done a few weeks ago and we’ve been gluten free for her for about 2 weeks. She is doing amazingly better in her eating. Her main symptom was poor weight gain (actual weight loss) beginning around 16 months, but she had always been a “poor” eater. We are “happy” we got this early diagnosis – at least we didn’t go through years of problems and test.

Clearly, I carry the genetic predisposition for Celiacs and I had my blood drawn a few days ago to be tested. I should have the results by next week (hate the waiting)…but, I have no symptoms. My son (3.5 years) will have his blood drawn in a few days. He also has never shown any symptoms, but we want to be sure, of course. I’m just wondering – how many people here have had family members test positive, but were asymptomatic? The literature says 30% chance, but I’m wondering what others have experienced.

Thanks – I tried to post this earlier, but it does not seem to have “taken,” so I apologize for a double post if this happens.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GEF

GEF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:13 AM

Hello, I have relocated your original post to the Pre-Diagnostic Testing, Symptoms... area.

For responses, please post under the following thread:
http://www.glutenfre...t=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: