This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Feeling Good

candi1008

candi1008 Rookie

It has been two weeks today of being gluten free, and I feel good. I was always nauseous and dizzy for about the first week, but that has gone away, and I am feeling better than I have in a long time!! Yay!! I really didn't think it was possible. And I absolutely love this message board, it is a life saver.

Now I have a question...I am getting sick of eating the same food over and over...I have pretty much been living on cream of rice, some gluten free waffles that I made and froze, lunch meat, carrots and bananas...anyone got any good quick and easy foods? I am always on the go, and rarely have time to actually cook a meal.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular

One of my favorites was rice cakes with peanut butter and homemade jelly, lara bars, and pepporono, of course not all at the same time lol. But those were the things that helped me out so much. I am now on the 6wbm diet, so i wont be eating any of that stuff for awhile.

Im sure others will post more stuff.

congrats on feeling better, isnt it great to finally feel human again.

paula

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Candi

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It is such an amazing feeling to finally feel great again. I remember the first time I felt good and I just walked around and told everyone! I was just that happy.

happygirl Collaborator

Candi,

What wonderful news! Im happy you are starting to feel better :)

quick meals for me include:

baked potato cooked in microwave with butter, sour cream, cheese, etc.

progresso's thick and hearty (not traditional) new england clam chowder soup

salad with gluten free dressing (add cooked chicken, steak, beef)

fish (tilapia, salmon): put on baking sheet, add some dill seasoning and lemon juice, broil---takes about 10 min.

kinninnick bagels and cream cheese

whole foods premade pizza crusts...throw on some toppings, put in oven.

minute rice

when you do 'cook' a real meal, make a big batch, and then individually wrap/store them in your freezer. On a busy day, pull one out, defrost/reheat, and you are set to go.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Recently, I quit smoking and removed hard liquor from the diet. I have felt WORLDS better...

My energy level is sky high and I sleep much better at night...

I still enjoy a hearty glass of wine or an occasional redbridge or 5, but no more booze for this guy!

For meals, I love getting creative with Tinkyada noodles. My lunch this week is Johnny Marzetti I made with Tinkyada penne pasta, tomato sauce and ground turkey (and cheese of course).

Murph Newbie

One of the very few things I can eat w/out cooking or prepping is smoked salmon.

Yum so good. Kinda expensive of course, but so delicious w/ 0 effort.

Since I'm also off sugar I get the kind that's cold-smoked, kinda resembles lox.

Joanne11 Apprentice

rice cakes are my staple fast snack, I make a sandwhich with peanut butter on the caramel ones and put cheese between the plain ones and put it in the microwave for about 30 sec. You can also put a slice of ham with the cheese and it is good. I always make one before we go out somewhere and I am not sure if there will be a lot that I can eat there. I also make a dozen hard boiled eggs at the begining of the week and keep them in the frige, that way I can just grap one or tow when I need a snack.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pedro Explorer

Hi I am glad you feel better.

I still go back to my basics. I love salmon, veggies, corn, rice.

My wife and I we shop al lot at Whole Foods. Do you have any close to you?

I am happy for you. Take care.

BFreeman Explorer
It has been two weeks today of being gluten free, and I feel good. I was always nauseous and dizzy for about the first week, but that has gone away, and I am feeling better than I have in a long time!! Yay!! I really didn't think it was possible. And I absolutely love this message board, it is a life saver.

Now I have a question...I am getting sick of eating the same food over and over...I have pretty much been living on cream of rice, some gluten free waffles that I made and froze, lunch meat, carrots and bananas...anyone got any good quick and easy foods? I am always on the go, and rarely have time to actually cook a meal.

Hormel deli ham rolled around string cheese and then rolled in a lettuce leaf; dip in gluten-free dressing

Sprinkle black beans and cheese on a corn tortilla, fold it in half, brown it on both sides

Melt some Great Value jarred cheese sauce and pour over tortilla chips and beans

Make up some instant mashed potatoes, top w/Hormel grilled chicken strips, drizzle w/Great Value jarred Alfredo sauce

Keep jello made up with a lot of fruit and nuts in it

Johnsonville summer sausage and Kraft cheese on rice crackers

Archived