Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Parmesan Cheese

7 posts in this topic

:unsure: Does anyone have a problem with processed parmesan cheese. My sister added some to my bread crumbs to try and give them a little flavor and I broke out in my rash. I didn't get too sick, no gas but, my bowels did change. I went a little more often than I would have liked. The only thing that is on the label that we can't figure out is "cellulose". :huh:

Ads by Google:
:unsure: Does anyone have a problem with processed parmesan cheese. My sister added some to my bread crumbs to try and give them a little flavor and I broke out in my rash. I didn't get too sick, no gas but, my bowels did change. I went a little more often than I would have liked. The only thing that is on the label that we can't figure out is "cellulose". :huh:

Assumingly your bread crumbs were gluten free, yes? Cellulose should not be an issue for celiacs. Rather that, perhaps you may have a issue with dairy for the moment. Sometimes dairy is an issue in the begining and many can reintroduce it after some healing.

I use Kraft brand parm cheese and they are great about labeling....haven't had probs with that.

Maybe it is a dairy issue as mommagoose said.....i'm lactose intol and I can only have so much before it's to teh poddy for me!!!

I have tried many and not found one yet with gluten--maybe there is a cross contamination issue.

It might be a Casien Intolerance. How are you with other dairy. With Parm cheese it wouldn't be a Lactose problem, it's an aged cheese.

If it was a store brand or some off brand there may be a filler.

I've never had a problem with parmesan cheese. It could also just be one of those fluke things. I tend to forget that normal people have occasions when their stomach is not 100% for no good reason. Sometimes it's not the gluten :)

I've never had a problem with parmesan cheese. It could also just be one of those fluke things. I tend to forget that normal people have occasions when their stomach is not 100% for no good reason. Sometimes it's not the gluten :)

I always keep the fact that my stomach may have a bad day in the back of my head, but the first time I get sick everyone around me starts, well what did you eat now? We still can get sick just like everyone else. :)