6 replies to this topic

#1 KIRK

KIRK

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

Anybody know of any weight gain shakes I could use to add weight. Something I could buy like at a GNC or Walmart. Or something I can just add between meals that has a ton of calories.

Thanks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 skinnyminny

skinnyminny

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

can you eat peanuts or any nuts are high calorie. Try making milk shakes if you can have dairy!

#3 KIRK

KIRK

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

can you eat peanuts or any nuts are high calorie. Try making milk shakes if you can have dairy!

Although not officially intolerent to dairy and peanuts, I do avoid because sometimes I think I am intolerent. I got most of my weight back with milkshakes and MM peanuts, but was looking for a different alternative, may go with Hersheys Chocolate Bars.
Thanks

#4 pat p.

pat p.

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

Although not officially intolerent to dairy and peanuts, I do avoid because sometimes I think I am intolerent. I got most of my weight back with milkshakes and MM peanuts, but was looking for a different alternative, may go with Hersheys Chocolate Bars.
Thanks

Kirk you may want to try ScandiShake from Axcan Pharma. You can get a free sample by calling 1-800-472-2634. The shakes are 600 calories when mixed with 8 oz. of whole milk and are available in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. They also carry a lactose free or sugar free version for anyone who has other issues. I was using Ensure Plus which is 350 calories but Scandishake is much higher in calories. The website is www.axcan.com. They carry additional weight gain products that may be of interest to you. Good luck.

#5 hustlinwheat

hustlinwheat

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

I am Gluten-free Casein-free and I have had some success with a combination of Rose Acre Farm dried egg whites (cage free!) mixed with Almond Breeze Chocolate (Sweetened with evaporated cane juice) Almond Milk.

1 tablespoon of the egg white powder is 50 calories and 11 grams of protein.
4oz of almond milk is 60 calories and 1 gram of protein.

If you call that a "serving" you get 110 calories per serving and 12g of protein per 4oz of shake. Not much in itself but it scales up quite nicely.

I typically will scale this up 3-5 times after a workout to get between 330-550 calories and 36-60 grams of protein. Not bad for 12-20oz of beverage which tastes really good and is easy to drink.

I've found this to be the best (and most natural) solution for me. If you can't deal with almond milk (I like it better than soy/rice) you could choose soy/rice milk instead.

You can buy the egg whites online at Rose Acre Farms website. You can buy the Almond Breeze at Trader Joe's or online at Almond Breeze's website. I have no affiliation with either.

Hope that helps!

#6 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

avocado and coconut milk are other good ingredients to add to your regular foods (and can be used in many ways).
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#7 taxlady23

taxlady23

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

You could try Extreme XXL they are pre made shakes by American Body Buidling 980 calories each. My son uses them without a problem. They are gluten free but are whey protein so it does have dairy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: