11 replies to this topic

#1 sixtytwo

sixtytwo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:16 PM

I just love the gluten-free lettuce wrap at P F Chang's. This is how I made it at home....it isn't quite the same, but pretty darn close. Took some chicken breast and chopped it up small and sauteed it in some oil and put some McCormick's ginger and gluten-free soy sauce on it and cooked it until the flavors were mixed in. Put some gluten-free chinese noodles in your leaf of lettuce and some of the chicken. It was a nice lunch or would make an interesting appetizer for an oriental party.

Barbara

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ArtGirl

ArtGirl

Winter Forest - watercolor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

Sounds good. Is the chicken precooked?
Valda
Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance
other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca
Hypoglycemic
Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)
Living a healthier, happier life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

#3 TrillumHunter

TrillumHunter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

Here's a little tip to get the texture of these types dishes. Before you cut up up the chicken breasts take the back of your knife and chop over the breast. You aren't cutting through it but tenderizing it. Give it a good going over-it should look a little mangled! :lol: Then cut it up into small dice.

#4 mrg8610

mrg8610

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:10 AM

The Top Secret Recipes 2 cookbook has a copycat recipe for the PF Changs Lettuce Wraps. I've never tried this recipe, but some of those copycat recipes actually taste very much like the real things. I just got the book with the thought that if my daugther can't eat at some of these restaurants, that I could at least try and duplicate the food for her at home.

#5 sixtytwo

sixtytwo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

OOOOOOOO, didn't know about that cookbook, that one would be good to get and just try things gluten-free. Thanks for the idea. I used raw chicken, pan sauteed it and seasoned it in the pan.

#6 GRUMP 1

GRUMP 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

The Top Secret Recipes 2 cookbook has a copycat recipe for the PF Changs Lettuce Wraps. I've never tried this recipe, but some of those copycat recipes actually taste very much like the real things. I just got the book with the thought that if my daugther can't eat at some of these restaurants, that I could at least try and duplicate the food for her at home.

Loved these wraps. Do you think you could post the recipe?

Thanks,
Grump
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

#7 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

Here's the one that we use . . . it has gotten rave reviews from friends:

2 garlic cloves (I used the minced garlic in a jar)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast - coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (I skipped this - never had it around)
3 Tbsp gluten free Teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp chunky peanut butter (I usually add more)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp chili-garlic paste (I used more - we like spicy!)
1/2 tsp dried ground ginger
2 green onion chopped
lettuce leaves

Pulse garlic in food processor until minced. Add chicken and pulse until ground to the texture of ground beef. Cook chicken/garlic in sesame oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally (6-8 minutes) until chicken is done. Stir in mint and next 6 ingredients. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon onto lettuce leaves. I also add red pepper flakes to spice it up more.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#8 miles

miles

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Just found the cooking forum,

These were awesome!

http://www.recipezaa...uce-Wraps-15865

#9 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

Just found the cooking forum,

These were awesome!

http://www.recipezaa...uce-Wraps-15865

Thank you so much! I have tried it myself and now know I left out several key ingredients. It's one of my favorites! :D
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#10 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

I just love the gluten-free lettuce wrap at P F Chang's. This is how I made it at home....it isn't quite the same, but pretty darn close. Took some chicken breast and chopped it up small and sauteed it in some oil and put some McCormick's ginger and gluten-free soy sauce on it and cooked it until the flavors were mixed in. Put some gluten-free chinese noodles in your leaf of lettuce and some of the chicken. It was a nice lunch or would make an interesting appetizer for an oriental party.

Barbara

I haven't heard or seen McCormick's ginger and gluten-free soy sauce. Where do you buy it? It sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

#11 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

I haven't heard or seen McCormick's ginger and gluten-free soy sauce. Where do you buy it? It sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread was started in 2007. I think the original poster meant they use McCormick's ginger powder (a spice) AND THEN they put some gluten free soy sauce on it. Two different products. Ginger Soy Sauce does sound tasty though doesn't it? :)
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#12 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:21 AM

This thread was started in 2007. I think the original poster meant they use McCormick's ginger powder (a spice) AND THEN they put some gluten free soy sauce on it. Two different products. Ginger Soy Sauce does sound tasty though doesn't it? :)

Ohhh hehehehe I guess I missed that one. I think ginger soy sauce would be a great idea though. Thanks for the clarification... so embarrassed.
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: