This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ordered Tests From Endolab

Sandi

Sandi Explorer

) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

* Itemized Costs and Insurance Codes:

Anticasein IgA (CPT 83520) $ 0

Quantitative fecal fat (CPT 82710) $ 70

PCR Amplification (CPT 83898) $ 30

DNA Isolation (CPT 83890) $ 30

DNA Separation (CPT 83894) $ 30

Probe Identification (CPT 83896) $ 30

Molecular Identification and Interpretation (CPT 83912) $ 10

Antigliadin IgA (CPT 83520) $ 99

Antitissue transglutaminase IgA (CPT 83520) $ 70

Egg Sensitivity Stool Test

* Itemized Costs and Insurance Codes:

Antiovalbumin IgA (CPT 83520) $ 99

Materials and shipping charge $ 20

Total charge: $ 488

I ordered this from them and I guess I thought the stool sample would be like a scaping or sorts and rub it on a match book type thingy

Boy was I ever wrong!!!

why didnt someone tell me how its really done lol

do it in a small pot and if thats not bad enough

you have to FREEZE it

gross

yuck

this will be fun

i can tell lol

sandi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol:

You'll get over it. :P Thanks for posting the codes. A lot of people would probably find that helpful. :)

confused Community Regular

It isnt that bad, my hard part was trying to poop enough. I was severly constiapted when i did the test.

Hey if my almost 14 yr old, surivived it, you will to lol

paula

pedro Explorer

Pointing to the correct way is difficult. :o

The process is fun, the important are the results, to get your life back, and begin the healing process.

Have fun collecting, and freezing it.

Take care ;)

dally099 Contributor

i just about died when i saw the packaging. and to make matters worse the customs people phoned me to find out what was in the box and what it was for, etc. ugh, but its worth it in the end!

Sandi Explorer
i just about died when i saw the packaging. and to make matters worse the customs people phoned me to find out what was in the box and what it was for, etc. ugh, but its worth it in the end!

they, they , they called you :(

really

and you had to tell then

can I be not home

just the thought of putting it in my freezer makes me upset :(

how long does it have to be in the freezer

is there a reason for the freezer bit???

Do it the day before I mail it??

oh gross

why isnt that stated somewhere lol

sandi

AndreaB Contributor
how long does it have to be in the freezer

is there a reason for the freezer bit???

Do it the day before I mail it??

Just put it in the freezer until the pickup guy comes. If you work outside the home then put it in the freezer overnight and then package it up and call for pickup.

Since you're in the US they won't call you for customs.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nancym Enthusiast

Doing the Enterolab sample thing for me was vastly funny. I took my sample... all wrapped up in 18 ways and disguised, with me to work and stored it in the freezer there until I could drop it off at the DHL place. I was sweating bullets someone would find it and investigate it, thinking it was a treat...

Sandi Explorer
Just put it in the freezer until the pickup guy comes. If you work outside the home then put it in the freezer overnight and then package it up and call for pickup.

Since you're in the US they won't call you for customs.

ok

they have to pick it up

I cant just drop it off at a ups store?

sandi

Sandi Explorer
Doing the Enterolab sample thing for me was vastly funny. I took my sample... all wrapped up in 18 ways and disguised, with me to work and stored it in the freezer there until I could drop it off at the DHL place. I was sweating bullets someone would find it and investigate it, thinking it was a treat...

yea I dont blame you there

they would have been in for a surprise

did it really take 3 weeks to get results?

sandi

AndreaB Contributor
ok

they have to pick it up

I cant just drop it off at a ups store?

sandi

When I had mine done they used DHL. If they've changed to UPS then I don't know. Should be on the instruction sheets.

We had our results in 2-3 weeks.

confused Community Regular

i dropped mine off at the ups store both times, i waited til the ups was going to be there within 15 minutes lol.

I think i would rather send poop threw the mail then hubbys (u know what lol)

paula

mart Contributor

Ours was in the freezer when the DHL guy picked it up. He asked me if there were flowers in the box! :rolleyes:

janelyb Enthusiast

ok I'm gonna have my 3 yr old do a stool test for dairy, how much poop is needed for 1 test?

He's severely constipated so getting a good stool can take time.

little d Enthusiast

OMG!

I had no idea as well. I will defiantly have to do some kind of disguise give it a differnent kind of smell. My husband in his past life was a Koon Hound he can sniff any thing out. When i pass gas he can tell me what i had for lunch lol. I guess that I'll have so to save meat wrapper from Albertsons I know he wouldnt touch it because he does not cook. LOL half the time he does not know that our dinners are Gluten Free until I tell him.

Donna

AndreaB Contributor
ok I'm gonna have my 3 yr old do a stool test for dairy, how much poop is needed for 1 test?

He's severely constipated so getting a good stool can take time.

If I remember correctly it was about 1/2 cup.....if they were still in diapers. If not, I assume it's the same but I'm not sure. :unsure:

Sandi Explorer

yes half a cup

and no liquid

well mine is done

I have to get it off tomorrow

i am assuming they want it frozen lol

its still gross

but i really dont smell anything

but then i wraped it in several bags lol

s

little d Enthusiast
yes half a cup

and no liquid

well mine is done

I have to get it off tomorrow

i am assuming they want it frozen lol

its still gross

but i really dont smell anything

but then i wraped it in several bags lol

s

No liquid so you mean I cant give the grossest poo that they have ever seen. Are you talking about D, or whatever might collect from the frezzer like ice that may collect in the bag and melt on the way.

Donna

little d Enthusiast

sorry wrong button, forgot where the delete is while posting

AndreaB Contributor
No liquid so you mean I cant give the grossest poo that they have ever seen. Are you talking about D, or whatever might collect from the frezzer like ice that may collect in the bag and melt on the way.

Donna

If it's D then it's D. Don't worry about it.

janelyb Enthusiast

what happens if it takes all day and you still don't have a half cup? Do you keep trying until you do? I am serious my son has severe constipation and often only has streaks or small smears in his diaper days in a row.

Would you freeze what you have inbetween and put it all together?

How many days are you allowed to collect for????

AndreaB Contributor
Would you freeze what you have inbetween and put it all together?

How many days are you allowed to collect for????

I don't think they specify how long. As long as it's frozen it should be fine. Just keep adding to the container until you think you have 1/2 cup.

little d Enthusiast

Ok so if you have constipation for that day then they can still test it. I guess they can it still comes from the same source.

:blink:

donna

Archived