Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:59 PM

My blood tests is as follows:

IgA 4
IgG 27

They also did an ANA which was Negative.

My TSH is 7.928

She questioned me about my symptoms, and she told me that my thyroid could be to blame for them. I told her I felt this way when my thyroid is normal. I wasn't going to let them get away with this stuff with me again, especially since I have a "weak positive" IgG, and that was after being gluten-free for 2 months, and then going on gluten for the test again. She gave me the "we can't be for sure with out the endoscope" thing, which I realize. But, I can't afford an endoscope right now. Since I feel better not eating gluten she said I can just assume I have it then. I was glad she said that.
Anyone have an opinion on this?

Deanna

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 booksellr

booksellr

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:41 PM

I am now 47 and I had had a horrible itchy rash for more than 7 years....no doc could figure it out. I have also had bowel trouble since 3rd grade! I was recently diagnosed with Dercum's disease and while on a Dercum's message board someone posted a link to celiac.com. I went to the site and felt like I was reading about myself...especially when I found out about the rash that can occur. I then went to my doc...and she said that rather than do the biopsy (since I am a single mom and usually broke!) to just go gluten-free and see what happens. I went gluten-free the first week of July this past summer...and my rash is now gone!! After 7 years....amazing. I can still see the 'outline' of where it was...but basically it is gone!

Sue

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:59 PM

my only positive was a weak anti-reticulin IgG positive. you could be IgA deficient, depending on which IgA that was... and since you'd been gluten-free for so long, who knows!
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 taneil

taneil

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

I figured out that I am gluten intolerant because my Thyroid was messed up. So I went gluten-free to and have not yet started Thyroid Replacment Therapy in hopes that the gluten-free diet will allow my Thyroid to reregulate itself.
Taneil
Enterolab Diagnosed May 2004
gluten-free/CF and have both genes

Psalm 27:13-14
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

#5 3boyzmom

3boyzmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:58 PM

If you still have an elevated IgG after being gluten-free for 2 months, I'd say you have a definite gluten intolerance. If you react poorly to gluten ingestion and you feel good on a gluten-free diet, then I don't think you need to look any further. Get on a gluten-free diet and live healthily ever after!

#6 Niteyx13

Niteyx13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:15 PM

Thank you all for your opinions! I am going to stay gluten-free. :P

Deanna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: