Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Restaurant Menus Online

38 posts in this topic

Texas De Brazill said all their meets were gluten-free when I called last night. they told me that when I come in just to let my server know and the chef would come out and talk to us and tell us everything they had that was gluten-free.

It is a bit price but my 7 yr old daughter (who is gluten-free) loves that place.

Yes I know a 7 yr old who loves fancy expensive dinners I ahve created a monster! LOL

We haven't been there since her diagnosis but it was very comforting to know we could still go to one of her fav places.

Update:

We went to Texas De Brazil last night and theyw ere wonderful1 We told the hostess my daughter needed a gluten-free menue and she instantly printed out all the items that were gluten-free. The cheeses weren't on the list but our waiter asked the chef. The only bummer was the salad dressing wasn't gluten-free so next time I will bring some for my daughter.

Ads by Google:
Yes, the fries at Red Robin & Cheeseburger in Paradise are gluten-free. They both used dedicated fryers. I also have a weakness for fries and the ones at CIP have become my favorite!

I read that some Red Robins use a dedicated fryer and some may not. Either way it's probably a good idea to ask:

http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=ewK0LjP7E&b=869497

Yes, the fries at Red Robin & Cheeseburger in Paradise are gluten-free. They both used dedicated fryers. I also have a weakness for fries and the ones at CIP have become my favorite!

I have had 2 different experiences at 2 Red Robin's- one said they do fry other things in their french fry frier (when they are in a pinch), the other one said it is dedicated. Be sure to ASK at your Red Robin, before you dig in!

We are HUGE patrons of Noodles. DD just likes the rice noodles with butter but I usually make her add some veggies and beef so it has some real nutritional value. We always go to the same Noodles, if we can help it, and we're getting to know the staff and manager. The manager said there is about 20-30 people who come in every week for the rice noodles because of gluten problems. I could buy them by the case!

Noodles and Co sounds great... wish we had it here! Good to know for travel though.

Taco Johns......

I call a local restaurant this weekend and asked about ingredients. If you have them fry the potato ole's in a seperate fryer ( the manager said they would do this), than they are gluten free, and the seasoning. Also, the chicken they use for the chicken soft tacos is gluten free. You would have to bring your own corn tortilla though b/c the hard shell tacos are not just corn, they have wheat. The taco meat has oats.

That is all I asked about though is those 4 things. I was excited b/c I LOVE Taco Johns!! I get such a craving for those yummy spice potatoes!

The Dairy Queen has quite a long list of gluten free ice cream and food.

Biaggi's is an Italian chain that has a gluten-free menu online, including gluten-free pasta.

The only ones I know of in Ohio are: Wendys, Don Pablos, Red Robbon, and Outback Steakhouse.

Jan

I'm confused. I just looked at Arby's allergen menu. Under "Sides and Sidekickers" the Southwest Eggrolls are listed as having Wheat, but not gluten. I thought that anything with wheat had to have gluten? Just about everything else (except Spicy Cajun Tartar Sauce) has gluten checked if Wheat is checked. I figure it's probably just a typo...

Here in Boston we have restaurants called "KnowFat!" (http://www.knowfat.com) ...I think they're a national chain. Anyway, they don't have a gluten-free menu online, but I emailed them and this was the response I got:

Here is a list of gluten free items that are currently available to you on the menu. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or suggestions and feel free to contact me directly (Go to their site's contact page)

All burgers without the bun,

All

okay I am new to this gluten free and I guess I am not understanding french fires and why they have gluten in them. Is it b/c they fry other items in the frier? I think I have a sensitivity towards gluten not sure if it will get worse as I get older or not.

okay I am new to this gluten free and I guess I am not understanding french fires and why they have gluten in them. Is it b/c they fry other items in the frier? I think I have a sensitivity towards gluten not sure if it will get worse as I get older or not.

There are two distinct things to be concerned about regarding fries.

First, some fries are not just pure potato, but have a coating on them. Often this is a flavoring for "zesty fries" or "curly fries" or some other name. The coatings generally have flour, and flour is gluten. To be safe, the fries have to be plain potato with nothing added.

The second issue is that if other foods containing gluten, such as chicken fingers or onion rings, are fried in the same fryer, some gluten transfers to the oil. Then when the oil comes in contact with the fries, they become contaminated.

So, to be safe, the product has to be pure potato, and fried in a dedicated fryer. Other pure potato products, such as hash browns, can share the fryer, but nothing breaded or coated.