#31 bfarnsworth0709

bfarnsworth0709

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:06 PM

Taco Johns......

I call a local restaurant this weekend and asked about ingredients. If you have them fry the potato ole's in a seperate fryer ( the manager said they would do this), than they are gluten free, and the seasoning. Also, the chicken they use for the chicken soft tacos is gluten free. You would have to bring your own corn tortilla though b/c the hard shell tacos are not just corn, they have wheat. The taco meat has oats.

That is all I asked about though is those 4 things. I was excited b/c I LOVE Taco Johns!! I get such a craving for those yummy spice potatoes!
God Bless,
Bobbi

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Philippians 4:8

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 wowzer

wowzer

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

The Dairy Queen has quite a long list of gluten free ice cream and food.

#33 perkyone

perkyone

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:14 AM

Biaggi's is an Italian chain that has a gluten-free menu online, including gluten-free pasta.

#34 janicekelleher

janicekelleher

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

The only ones I know of in Ohio are: Wendys, Don Pablos, Red Robbon, and Outback Steakhouse.
Jan

#35 mommyagain

mommyagain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

I'm confused. I just looked at Arby's allergen menu. Under "Sides and Sidekickers" the Southwest Eggrolls are listed as having Wheat, but not gluten. I thought that anything with wheat had to have gluten? Just about everything else (except Spicy Cajun Tartar Sauce) has gluten checked if Wheat is checked. I figure it's probably just a typo...

#36 sallyterpsichore

sallyterpsichore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:12 AM

Here in Boston we have restaurants called "KnowFat!" (http://www.knowfat.com) ...I think they're a national chain. Anyway, they don't have a gluten-free menu online, but I emailed them and this was the response I got:

Here is a list of gluten free items that are currently available to you on the menu. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or suggestions and feel free to contact me directly (Go to their site's contact page)

All burgers without the bun,

All “From the grill” Entrees, with the suggested sides below

Naked Burros to include:
Bleu Buffalo
All Fajitas
BBQ Steak Tip & Broccoli
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable
Egg & Cheese, with steak and or turkey bacon

Naked Cool Wraps to include:
Caesars Chicken, without the croutons
Cajun Buffalo Chicken
Fire Roasted Turkey
California Tuna Salad

All Extremely Lean Entrees without seasoning

All salads except the Crispy Chopped Cobb, due to the breaded chicken, but you may substitute grilled chicken

The Caesar Salad also must be ordered without croutons

Three Bean Chili

Steamed Broccoli

Quinoa

Brown Rice

Mediterranean Roasted vegetables

Seasoned Black Beans

Sweet Mashed Potatoes

I haven't been there, but I heard it was tasty from my coworkers!
~Sally

#37 Kitty Cat

Kitty Cat

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

Yes, the fries at Red Robin & Cheeseburger in Paradise are gluten-free. They both used dedicated fryers. I also have a weakness for fries and the ones at CIP have become my favorite!

okay I am new to this gluten free and I guess I am not understanding french fires and why they have gluten in them. Is it b/c they fry other items in the frier? I think I have a sensitivity towards gluten not sure if it will get worse as I get older or not.

#38 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

okay I am new to this gluten free and I guess I am not understanding french fires and why they have gluten in them. Is it b/c they fry other items in the frier? I think I have a sensitivity towards gluten not sure if it will get worse as I get older or not.

There are two distinct things to be concerned about regarding fries.

First, some fries are not just pure potato, but have a coating on them. Often this is a flavoring for "zesty fries" or "curly fries" or some other name. The coatings generally have flour, and flour is gluten. To be safe, the fries have to be plain potato with nothing added.

The second issue is that if other foods containing gluten, such as chicken fingers or onion rings, are fried in the same fryer, some gluten transfers to the oil. Then when the oil comes in contact with the fries, they become contaminated.

So, to be safe, the product has to be pure potato, and fried in a dedicated fryer. Other pure potato products, such as hash browns, can share the fryer, but nothing breaded or coated.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: