1 reply to this topic

#1 nanafur

nanafur

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

I need to find a new doc but am totally confused as to what kind to start with and need some advice. I moved to a new area and have a BAD history with getting good help so I've been putting off finding a new doctor. I have been gluten free for about a year with super results, the issues I need help with are ongoing dizziness/lightheadedness, energy level and steadily dropping low blood pressure.

I never got an "official" diagnosis and I am NOT willing to go back eating gluten to get one. My blood tests were negative but I had been gluten-free for months before I was tested so I will never know if it was accurate. I am afraid to try a GP because my last one said she never would have suspected gluten since I wasn't anemic. Even though I had come to the office multiple times with malapsorbtion, vommiting and bloating... explaining that it seemed much worse after I ate bread - she said bread doesn't make you sick... has to be coffee or something. I had and allergist say she would run the blood tests for wheat realated illness... to find out later she just ran test for wheat allergy. I found a Naturopath who seemed to listen at first and caught the Allergist's mistake with the gliadin test, but wouldn't test me for anything until I spent months using her expensive Mercury cleansing program (which is dangerous and my levels weren't even that high).

Anyway, I generally (like many others here) don't have much faith in doctors and don't know where to start. What kind of doctor do you see for dizziness and low blood pressure? I am afraid I will start fainting soon if I don't see someone. Should I just try a new GP? I have no referrals around here and don't know where to start looking or even what type of doc I should be looking for. I thought maybe some of you had similar symptoms at some point and would have some advice for me. Any advice is super appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

I would try to find the local celiac support group in your area and ask them who is good to see. I'm sure you will get some good suggestions there.
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: