No replies to this topic

#1 RavenFeather

RavenFeather

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

It all started around April of '04 with Pancreatitis. That was just cause my bile duct was connected too high up inside my body. I had and ERCP, the doctors fixed that by putting in a stint and a tube to help drain the bile. I had another ERCP to remove those stints and too put in a smaller one. But as those pain went away others came into play. The doctors finally checked my liver enzymes to find out that those were elevated. Around the month of July we were informed of Celiac Disease and the Gluten-Free Diet, so we tried it. But we soon found out that there are so many hidden sources of gluten.

Over the past 6 months I have had 3 ERCPs, over 25 blood test and over 10 doctor visits or check-ins for the hospital. I've lost over 50 pounds while being sick. For the beginning of my life I didn't have celiac disease, it was to believe to be triggered by the pancreatitis.

I am a 14 counting down to 15 in a few months (2/14), I attend High School and the school Marching Band. I want to know if anyone else was unusually diagnosed with celiac disease and if anyone lives in the Raleigh, North Carolina area.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: