Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Emergency Contraception

15 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a situation... :ph34r: and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not the morning-after-pill, Plan B is gluten free?? I can't find out anywhere.... Any information as soon as possible would be huge.

Thanks!

-sansglutengrl

Ads by Google:
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a situation... :ph34r: and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not the morning-after-pill, Plan B is gluten free?? I can't find out anywhere.... Any information as soon as possible would be huge.

Thanks!

-sansglutengrl

I am looking it up, but my advice is that it is better to be glutenated than go through an abortion later.

http://www.go2planb.com/PDF/PlanBPI.pdf

starches are clearly labeled as potato and corn

" The inactive ingredients present are colloidal silicon dioxide, potato starch, gelatin, magnesium stearate, talc, corn starch, and lactose monohydrate."

If in doubt, call your pharmacist, too.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

-sansglutengrl

I checked the inactive ingredient list ( http://www.go2planb.com/PDF/PlanBPI.pdf ) and nothing looks problematic. I would go the pharmacy, ask the pharmacist (not the technician who hands you the drugs) to also look over the ingredients, but it looks like it is safe.

Good Luck!

It's better to be glutened than to have an unwanted pregnancy/child.

it is better to be glutenated than go through an abortion later.

The morning after pill is a chemically induced early abortion.

The morning after pill is a chemically induced early abortion.

Actually it's not; it prevents conception from occuring.

We're straying from the original question. She asked for information related to gluten intolerance, not for us to judge her or the product in question. Let's keep to the original topic, please.

We're straying from the original question. She asked for information related to gluten intolerance, not for us to judge her or the product in question. Let's keep to the original topic, please.

This is not the place to debate the ethics of the morning-after pill. We are not here to judge.

This is not the place to debate the ethics of the morning-after pill. We are not here to judge.

Sorry, I wasn't debating the ethics, only the mechanism. I know how controversial topics can go around here ... so I certainly did not mean to start a debate on the ethics.

Me too- sorry.

-Sarah

Peace, everybody. Let's call this topic done.

Actually if you go directly to plan b's website, they tell you it will not terminate a pregnancy if pregnancy has already occurred and that it has no effect on the fetus.

You know you are responding to people who posted 5 years ago. Most of these people aren't on here any longer nor is this the place to debate the ethics of "Plan B"