This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Did Anyone Have A Red Nose?

grey

grey Explorer

Hi,

I have a symptoms question - has anyone had a red nose as a celiac symptom. Not crayola red, just a fair-skinned, got-some-sun red that doesn't match the rest of your complexion? I had sort of noticed, because I would even out my complexion with makeup, but I never thought about it as a symptom.

But today - my nose is the same colour as the rest of my face! My whole face (except my undereye circles) is the same color, much more evenly than before. It's either gluten-free or the vitamins I'm getting by IV.

I'm curious if anybody else had this happen, and if anybody had thoughts on why celiac would turn my nose red in the 1st place!?

thanks,

grey

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Chrisbee

I don't know whether it's a symptom of celiac or not, but I have had a red rash on the sides of my face in front of my ears and another patch at the top of my chest/bottom of my neck for years. I had to look in the mirror after your post and mine have faded alot since going gluten-free too!

Another thing I have noticed is that my whole face would flush red except for my eye sockets which looked totally pale in comparison...you could see a definite line like I had worn those tanning goggles or something. I haven't had that happen either.

debmidge Rising Star
I don't know whether it's a symptom of celiac or not, but I have had a red rash on the sides of my face in front of my ears and another patch at the top of my chest/bottom of my neck for years. I had to look in the mirror after your post and mine have faded alot since going gluten-free too!

Another thing I have noticed is that my whole face would flush red except for my eye sockets which looked totally pale in comparison...you could see a definite line like I had worn those tanning goggles or something. I haven't had that happen either.

My husband had red rash on face near ears and on chest and scalp before going gluten-free. His face coloring was gray and pasty before gluten-free. Now coloring is better and rash is a memory & gone.

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast

i've had a very red and rosey complextion my entire life. My co-worker noticed about a month after going gluten free that my face is much better looking and even toned. It's still pretty unevem, but I have bad ezcema and very sensitive skin. When I eat something the irritates me, (gluten, soy, dairy) my face flairs up. Even my co-worker looks at me and says "you got glutened didn't you"!

lmvrbaby Newbie

I have noticed on certain days that my face especially on the nose that my face is red. I thought wow I didn't think I was out in the sun that much today. Just like today, it was more cloudy than sunshine and when I was giving my gran daughter a bath I noticed in the mirror that my nose was red. I have noticed it more since going gluten free, but never put the two together. Now it makes me think. I will have to add it to a list of questions for the doctor.

debmidge Rising Star

rosacea also comes to mind - pink/redness on nose and face that comes and goes...

According to book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" this condition is seen alongside vitamin deficiences, stress, infection. Aggravators are: spicy foods, sunlight, cosmetics, alcohol, hot liquids, extremes of temperature & skin care products containing alcohol.

Perhaps celiac triggers rosacea in some individuals?

sombrita220 Newbie

I totally get a red nose. It comes and goes. Sometimes it gets red right next to my nose too. I haven't figured out what triggers it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JamiD Apprentice
Not crayola red, just a fair-skinned, got-some-sun red that doesn't match the rest of your complexion? I had sort of noticed, because I would even out my complexion with makeup

OMG, YES! Exactly as you stated it. I have noticed an improvement and just checked in the mirror again to confirm!

Now if we could just get rid of those undereye circles <_<

Archived