#16 Crystalkd

Crystalkd

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:20 AM

Dear Crystal,

Sorry to hear about the CP, any way you are right, they should have lists. We are one of the few countries I found out that do not test for this disease at birth. I saw Dr. Green speak at a gluten-free fair in April, and Alot of countries test for it when children are born. And, he was telling us that if you go to some other countries, there are gluten-free menues right there with the regular menus, and in some fast food type restaurants, they have them right up on the wall and you don't even need to ask. Just order.

Is that cool or what?

Good Luck, and BTW if you have any questions, just ask them here and I guarantee 9 out ot 10, you will get an answer. I wish I could send you copies of the lists my daughters doctors gave me of safe and unsafe foods and additives. It helps me so much.

Agan, good luck.
you have my email if you have questions.
YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR A CELIAC GROUP IN YOUR CITY.
ASK IN THESE BOARDS. LOOK FOR THE BOARD THAT MENTIONS CELIAC GROUPS.

LYNN

There is a support group here but they usually meet for dinner once a month and I don't drive because of the CP so there are places I can't get to. I'll figure everything out it just takes time. I go see my GI in the morning so I'll see what he has to help but this is the one who doesn't think I have celiac disease.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mouth

mouth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

Dear Crystal:

Were you looking for makeup? If so, Mary Kay has some gluten-free products, but the following has alot. The name of the company is NU SKIN. web: www.nuskinusa.com or you can Call Kathy at 757-206-7140 her web is www.executive-concepts.com Tell her that somebody gave you the info from the Gluten Free Fair at SUNY FARMINGDALE COLLEGE IN NY. They have tons of gluten-free products. I am ordering lipstick for my daughter, even some for myself because I really liked some of the colors they have.

Good luck. Lynn
Eat Well To Stay Well
Daughter Dx'd Celiac Jan 2007
Dx'd Aspergers June 2009

#18 Crystalkd

Crystalkd

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

Right now I'm looking at everything. I just bought gluten-free living for dummies last night. I haven't read much of it yet but should have some time this weekend. I just need to gather things up and start call manufactures. My problem is finding time since I'm out of the house from 8am to 7pm and can't really get things done at work. Plus now that I'm feeling better I can resume my weekend actvites which means alot of time I'm on the go for 7 to 14 days without a break. I'm just thankful I'm healthy enough and getting comfortable enough with the diet to go further away from my own kitchen!!! (I did however make a booboo by not asking the cook at Waffle House to clean off the grill before my food was made. I'm still recovering from that one!!!) Thank you for the encouragement. Right now I'm worrying about food and as the other things need to be replaced or as I can afford to replace them I will. I've decided to take things one step at a time and not to overly stress myself. Next on the list is shampoo and conditioner. (I don't wear makeup daily and have no need to wear it for the next couple of weeks so I'll worry about that once I get all the bills payed.lol)

#19 mouth

mouth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

Right now I'm looking at everything. I just bought gluten-free living for dummies last night. I haven't read much of it yet but should have some time this weekend. I just need to gather things up and start call manufactures. My problem is finding time since I'm out of the house from 8am to 7pm and can't really get things done at work. Plus now that I'm feeling better I can resume my weekend actvites which means alot of time I'm on the go for 7 to 14 days without a break. I'm just thankful I'm healthy enough and getting comfortable enough with the diet to go further away from my own kitchen!!! (I did however make a booboo by not asking the cook at Waffle House to clean off the grill before my food was made. I'm still recovering from that one!!!) Thank you for the encouragement. Right now I'm worrying about food and as the other things need to be replaced or as I can afford to replace them I will. I've decided to take things one step at a time and not to overly stress myself. Next on the list is shampoo and conditioner. (I don't wear makeup daily and have no need to wear it for the next couple of weeks so I'll worry about that once I get all the bills payed.lol)

Dear Crystal,

Feel free to tap my brain. And of course anybody else's here. Any question you have can be answered. Ok for Soap, Tone is gluten-free, right now, dove is gluten-free, Alot of people say they use Aussie for shampoo. I also let my daughter use it. Where do you live? Or at least what state? That helps also. You can put up a message stating where you live and can anybody help you for shopping in the area you live in. You may have to travel to shop. It stinks, I know, but to get what you need is what you have to do. You also have to do the change slowly, dont let anybody fool you about doing it all at once. The quicker the better, but its very hard to do all at once. Cookies? Pamela's, enjoy life, pasta? My daughter likes the Tinkydaya. It is made of Stone ground Rice and water. That is all. Land o Lakes butter is gluten-free. Skippy if gluten-free. Welches jelly. If you can not call a company, email them. Most will answer promptly. If you want, send me a letter here, with your email and i will send you any info that i have. MOST Orida fries are gluten-free, Some Friendlies Ice Creams, Some Edys, and alot of companies will also send you coupons if you ask for them and they have them. Columbo yougart, Yo Crunch w/ M& M's and reeses pieces are the gluten-free. The other Yo Crunch are not. NO Nestles'. Hersheys choc syrup is gluten-free, plain hersheys choc is gluten-free. Know what? Email me and I will send all info I have. Ok? Good Luck. OH as summer is here, I am told that Coppertone is gluten-free....
Good Luck,
sincerely,
Lynn :D
Eat Well To Stay Well
Daughter Dx'd Celiac Jan 2007
Dx'd Aspergers June 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: