• Please log in to reply

17 replies to this topic

TGIF

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

I was recently informed that in Canada Mcdonalds uses corn for breading their McNuggets. Anybody else hear of this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

RonSchon

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

This is from the McDonalds website in USA. The McD Canadian website is hard to figure out, I simply wouldn't count on it being different. There isn't any way I could figure out to get menu ingredients on the ".ca" site. I thought I had found it once and my browser crashed. I found a page that talked about fat content and info for diabetics, but not anything for allergens or ingredients.... Maybe you heard that they were fried in Corn Oil?

Chicken McNuggets® (4 piece):
White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil,
dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphates, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid
pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch.
CONTAINS: WHEAT.
Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane
added as an antifoaming agent.

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,563 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Check www.mcdonalds.ca for ingredients in Canada:

"White Meat Chicken McNuggets®: Chicken breast, water, modified corn starch, salt, seasoning [yeast extract, salt,
wheat starch, natural flavour (vegetable source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, and rosemary] natural
extractives of rosemary. Breaded with: water, wheat flour, yellow corn flour, modified corn starch, spices, salt,
baking powder, dextrose, wheat starch, corn starch, modified hydrogenated soybean oil. Cooked in 100%
vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ, citric acid and
dimethylpolysiloxane). CONTAINS: WHEAT"

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: