17 replies to this topic

#16 TGIF

TGIF

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

I was recently informed that in Canada Mcdonalds uses corn for breading their McNuggets. Anybody else hear of this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 RonSchon

RonSchon

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

This is from the McDonalds website in USA. The McD Canadian website is hard to figure out, I simply wouldn't count on it being different. There isn't any way I could figure out to get menu ingredients on the ".ca" site. I thought I had found it once and my browser crashed. I found a page that talked about fat content and info for diabetics, but not anything for allergens or ingredients.... Maybe you heard that they were fried in Corn Oil?

Chicken McNuggets® (4 piece):
White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil,
dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphates, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid
pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch.
CONTAINS: WHEAT.
Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane
added as an antifoaming agent.

#18 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Check www.mcdonalds.ca for ingredients in Canada:

"White Meat Chicken McNuggets®: Chicken breast, water, modified corn starch, salt, seasoning [yeast extract, salt,
wheat starch, natural flavour (vegetable source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, and rosemary] natural
extractives of rosemary. Breaded with: water, wheat flour, yellow corn flour, modified corn starch, spices, salt,
baking powder, dextrose, wheat starch, corn starch, modified hydrogenated soybean oil. Cooked in 100%
vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ, citric acid and
dimethylpolysiloxane). CONTAINS: WHEAT"

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: