Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gf Beer

12 posts in this topic

Its expensive, but it actually tastes like beer :P Cost me $3.25 a bottle, and stays for 6 months , but hey its beer that wont make me feel like i'm dying lol

~lisa~

Ads by Google:

What kind and where can we buy it? Please share the joy!!!!! I MISS BEER SO MUCH! Now when I go out (which I'm sure you know) I have to drink some unknown concoction (because I usually don't drink mixed drinks). Plus it costs more at happy hour :) !!!

Please let me know about this gluten-free beer you found!

Thank you -

Cindy :D

What kind and where can we buy it? Please share the joy!!!!! I MISS BEER SO MUCH! Now when I go out (which I'm sure you know) I have to drink some unknown concoction (because I usually don't drink mixed drinks). Plus it costs more at happy hour :) !!!

Please let me know about this gluten-free beer you found!

Thank you -

Cindy :D

It's called La Messagere. 4.7% alcohol.. Made in Quebec. I got it at the local liquor board store...the company started selling out of Quebec just a couple months ago. Liek I said, it cost me a lot...$78 for 24 bottles..Probably depends how far away you live from the source..Hope it helps!

Hmmm, I must have got a good deal... picked up 48 in Riviere du Loup for about $100 with tax.

First tried it in summer 2003.

Elsinore

Moncton, NB

Hmmm, I must have got a good deal... picked up 48 in Riviere du Loup for about $100 with tax.

First tried it in summer 2003.

Elsinore

Moncton, NB

Mine was probably so expensive because the store in town doesnt regularily stock it--it had to be special ordered for me :P

~lisa~

It cost me 19 bucks for a six pack too. It's as good as it gets for gluten free though, so I just put up with the cost. I spend less time at bars and pubs now too, so I justify the savings there on the beer.

It's now at my local liquor stores... great news. Unfortunately I have a few cases going bad in my fridge since I am on an Atkins type diet and the expiry date is now... :(

The Ontario government stores (LCBO) listed it a while back, but until today I had not seen any. I have been checking regularly. But this aftermoon I was in a store I have only been to a couple of times before, and they had it. $16.95 for a case of 6. I bought a case, and it is chilling in my fridge now. I'll post a review after I have tried it, which will be soon :P:D;)

I had some that expired in June and I drank it just this week and it didnt kill me haha. The only thing that went bad with it is it really lost almost all its fizz, tasted a little bitter almost, but I didnt get sick at all, so yeah you can still live if you drink it a month after expiry ;)

~lisa~

I tried it this afternoon, and was quite pleased. It is a very nice beer. The hops are distinct but not overpowering, and it does not have the sweet taste I remember of many Canadian traditional barley-based beers (such as Molson Canadian-like sticking your face in a bouquet of flowers :( ). La Messagere is delightful. I am also pleased that is low in carbohydrates. After nearly five years without a beer, with beer being the one thing I most missed from before going gluten-free, I have found a beer I can drink and that I like! Today is a good day!

:D

:P I just discovered it last month myself. If you're travelling in Quebec, it is made at a beautiful Inn (link: www.lebaluchon.com ) The Inn is near Mt. Tremblant (south east I think?) and North of Montreal. Anyone in Toronto could buy La Messagere at Bayview Village LCBO (and probably others). Love it.

My brother was so nice to tell me that he's going to try out gluten-free recipies for me with his distillery. He lives in Salt Lake and the regular beer is just as expensive as the gluten-free stuff is everywhere else! I'm doing the little happy dance just thinking about it! :D