Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Can Anyone Explain What Dh Symptoms Are?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hi,

I thought DH was a rash that affected your knees and elbows. From the little I have read, it sounds that many of you have other symptoms. Can you list some common symptoms or your own symptoms? Can you tell me if my skin problems could be DH?

I had a biopsy diagnosis of Celiacs a little over a year ago. I have been gluten-free ever since with a few accidents. Since then I have noticed that if I touch gluten, I have problems. Like touch a piece of bread and those finger tips split open and bleed. The whole hand dries out and does not respond to cream. I know I have used at least one hair dye that made me crampy and sick, but I did not have my typical gluten ungestion reaction. And yes my scalp took forever to recover from that hair dye, which was my last one until I find something safe. Gluten in the lipstick cause my lips to crack open and bleed. That was fun too :(

Any thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:17 AM

This sound more like a topical allergy reaction to wheat. It is NOT DH, nor is it a celiac reaction.

DH is the itchy clear blisters on various parts of your body. The only reason your skin would crack is from scratching them.

richard

#3 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:36 PM

:huh: just last week or so i read where sometimes you can get headaches from using shampoo that contains wheat--i always use pantene, which does not contain wheat, but had decided to try tresemme--i was using it when i read the connection with headaches and wheat and have decided not to use it anymore for my hair--BUT--not thinking, i just washed my car--i had read where using shampoo to wash your car works well because it rinses clean--i was not thinking :rolleyes: when i decided to use the tresemme on the car--my hands are very dry now and where the shampoo touched my legs i have hives developing :( --i just looked down at my legs and seen the red blotches--duh :blink: huh--i guess maybe i learned a good lesson today--i never touch regular bread anymore so i havent had a reaction to that and if i do touch anything that contains gluten i wash my hands right away ;) i sure should have been wearing my thinking cap today :lol: deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#4 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for the replies. I seem tp have Deb's problem with toughing the gluten. Maybe one day soon I'll get an allergy test to see if a true allergy to wheat is the contact problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: