This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Had A Great Meal Last Night At Smokey Bones!

wolfie

wolfie Enthusiast

Last night we went out with some friends to Smokey Bones and had a great gluten-free meal!! They don't have a menu online, but can print one out for you there. My server didn't know what I was talking about, so I asked him to ask the manager. He was then very helpful. Not only are their BBQ sauces gluten-free, but most of their sides are gluten-free too! There were lots of choices for meats/chicken and salads. I had the baby back ribs, baked potato and steamed broccoli. It took me forever to decide what I wanted b/c I am not used to having that many choices when I go out.

I highly recommend Smokey Bones if you are looking for a place to eat gluten-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

That is good to know, I will have to visit the one back at my parents house. I am not sure if we have one in my area. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Last night we went out with some friends to Smokey Bones and had a great gluten-free meal!! They don't have a menu online, but can print one out for you there. My server didn't know what I was talking about, so I asked him to ask the manager. He was then very helpful. Not only are their BBQ sauces gluten-free, but most of their sides are gluten-free too! There were lots of choices for meats/chicken and salads. I had the baby back ribs, baked potato and steamed broccoli. It took me forever to decide what I wanted b/c I am not used to having that many choices when I go out.

I highly recommend Smokey Bones if you are looking for a place to eat gluten-free.

Sounds like you had a great meal!! I love bbq. Is smokey bones a chain ?

-Jessica :rolleyes:

wolfie Enthusiast
Sounds like you had a great meal!! I love bbq. Is smokey bones a chain ?

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Yes, it is a chain! :) I have seen them in Ohio, PA and GA. Their website is www.smokeybones.com/

:)

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast
That is good to know, I will have to visit the one back at my parents house. I am not sure if we have one in my area. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

Just a FYI, Smokey Bones in Dickson City Closed. There is one in Wilkes-barre still.

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast

I love smokey bones, haven't eaten scince going gluten-free, though my fave parts of the meal was the Cornbread appitizer and texas toast! Not gonna be ordering that now. However, I like their pulled pork! Will Check it out next time.

little d Enthusiast

SunnyDyRain

You are making me soooooo hungry right now I have not had breakfast yet. I don't think that I have ever heard of Smokey Bones here in Texas, We have Springcreek BBQ and others not much there I can have except for bake potaos

Donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast

Hey Amanda there is one in York!

Little D, i'd think if your in texas you would have lots of BBQ and pulled pork places all around. I've never been to texas, but I hear they have the best BBQ around.

• 4 weeks later...
GlutenFree-Amy Newbie

Wow! Good to know! We ate there a couple of weeks ago right after I figured out I had Celiac but wasn't dx, yet. I was too scared to order anything, and whatever I did order made me sick immediately (of course, most things made me sick, I was always eating something bad at every meal and didn't know it.)... Thanks for the advice. I love pulled pork!

• 6 months later...
GlutenFree-Amy Newbie

Wow! We ate at Smokey Bones this evening - the first time since I last posted (see above) and they have a Gluten-Free menu! I was thrilled! I had pulled pork, steamed broccoli and cole slaw. They don't carry the asparagus any longer in Springfield, IL. The menu lists apples, but I didn't know for sure if it was the cinnamon apples or not. I'd assume so since I didn't see any other apples on there and if I would have put two and two together before I ordered, I would have gotten that. The whole meal was fantastic!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Just a FYI, Smokey Bones in Dickson City Closed. There is one in Wilkes-barre still.

Ya know I just saw that last time I went to visit...I wonder why they went out. Although the Dickson City location is smack dab in the middle of a ton of other places to eat.

We don't have on in Harrisburg though do we?

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast
Ya know I just saw that last time I went to visit...I wonder why they went out. Although the Dickson City location is smack dab in the middle of a ton of other places to eat.

We don't have on in Harrisburg though do we?

I think we have one down in York. I have heard that the chain has been kind of down sizing recently...so chances of them opening one soon is probally slim. :(

Archived