This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Awsome (finally A Bakery In My Town)

Lister

Lister Rising Star

so my town aparently now has a dedicated gluten free bakery (YAY) so i went down and got a loaf of bread and some really really good cookies, tried the bread by itself also the cookies, they have to be the best i have had i have tried store bought bread that is all really nasty and does not taste like the real thing but this stuff is really good. anyways so now i am on a quest to make sandwichs. I already found my brand of lunch meat i like (hillshire farms) seems that all of there meat is safe so far have not ran across one i cant have. Also i read that valasic pickels are all gluten-free so even though i am not a fan of the brand but i grabbed some of those anyways. so now im just looking for the other stuff like sauces to put on the sandwich and other objects that may work good on a sandwich

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Lister,

I am jealous! I bet it helps you a lot though to have this so close. Enjoy it and think about us every time you visit the bakery.

Lisa Mentor

You were not around for you 22 birthday, so I wanted to wish that you had a wonderful one.

You sound good. What's going on with you now.?

Lisa

angel-jd1 Community Regular
so my town aparently now has a dedicated gluten free bakery (YAY) so i went down and got a loaf of bread and some really really good cookies, tried the bread by itself also the cookies, they have to be the best i have had i have tried store bought bread that is all really nasty and does not taste like the real thing but this stuff is really good. anyways so now i am on a quest to make sandwichs. I already found my brand of lunch meat i like (hillshire farms) seems that all of there meat is safe so far have not ran across one i cant have. Also i read that valasic pickels are all gluten-free so even though i am not a fan of the brand but i grabbed some of those anyways. so now im just looking for the other stuff like sauces to put on the sandwich and other objects that may work good on a sandwich

I'm not a big sandwich fan...however I might become one if I had found a bakery like you have!!

Take a look at what places like "subway" put on their sandwiches....peppers, onions, olives, mustard (french's is gluten-free), Mayo (miracle whip is gluten-free), cheese, tomato, lettuce, I'm sure I'm missing tons of things. Just be creative and I'm sure you will make a great sandwich.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Lister Rising Star

nothing much proud of myself been clean for a long time now i lost count as to how many weeks/months its been. Stomich has slightly improved it seems that as long as i eat 6 small meals a day it does not tend to hurt. all i have now is gas that i need to keep under controle. Found that if i have 2-4 shots of some form of alchohal a day or every other day (not a alchohalic) it helps to relive me and keeps me more regular. Started school then desided to leave because it was just a prep course for the ged and realised that all they did was toss 3 text books at us and said refresh for a month and you will be good, so instead i downloaded the full text books and am doing the studing from home to save the money. will be going for the test probably end of july. Then If things go as planned i will be on finachial student aid for spring tearm to start my radiology program :) .... at the same time though I have been given a one in a life time opertunity to travel the world with two people. They run a internet busness and if I am good I could travel with them and help with there busness going state to state then country to country until we all find one we like to much to leave. Not sure if i should do it though since I am working on my life plan but still its such a amazing opertunity. On other notes that no one really cares about my xbox 360 desided to randomly break on me .... 400 doller video game system that i won from a contest.... It just randomly wont turn on and instead blinks red and blinks and blinks and blinks... but its getting repaird for free from microsoft but its like a month long prossess. hehe you asked how it was going figured meh way as well post alot lol. All of my wounds from the car accedent are healing nicely my arm is almost 100% healed i picked off the scab a bit to early so unfortunatly it may scar. my hip is perminetly messed up though now it pops alot when i walk but meh atleast im still alive hehe. My birthday was pretty good had alot of friends (around 30) at my apartment and had a pretty good rager. got a new bed set from my parents so thats really nice. lol im rambaling. anyways thanks for the good sandwich tips and definatly about the musterd... what is mayo primarly made out of? I have challanged dairy recently and have came to I can take it in moderation a lil butter here( like in bread or cookies) is fine and yogurt as long as its 1 cup is safe for a day. Made the mistake of having a small shake from work made my head spin (could have been to much sugar though) and did give me a lil bathroom hell but other then that it was all good. still dont wanna over do it on dairy based products. pretty sure mayo is mostly eggs???

angel-jd1 Community Regular
nothing much proud of myself been clean for a long time now i lost count as to how many weeks/months its been. Stomich has slightly improved it seems that as long as i eat 6 small meals a day it does not tend to hurt. all i have now is gas that i need to keep under controle. Found that if i have 2-4 shots of some form of alchohal a day or every other day (not a alchohalic) it helps to relive me and keeps me more regular. Started school then desided to leave because it was just a prep course for the ged and realised that all they did was toss 3 text books at us and said refresh for a month and you will be good, so instead i downloaded the full text books and am doing the studing from home to save the money. will be going for the test probably end of july. Then If things go as planned i will be on finachial student aid for spring tearm to start my radiology program :) .... at the same time though I have been given a one in a life time opertunity to travel the world with two people. They run a internet busness and if I am good I could travel with them and help with there busness going state to state then country to country until we all find one we like to much to leave. Not sure if i should do it though since I am working on my life plan but still its such a amazing opertunity. On other notes that no one really cares about my xbox 360 desided to randomly break on me .... 400 doller video game system that i won from a contest.... It just randomly wont turn on and instead blinks red and blinks and blinks and blinks... but its getting repaird for free from microsoft but its like a month long prossess. hehe you asked how it was going figured meh way as well post alot lol. All of my wounds from the car accedent are healing nicely my arm is almost 100% healed i picked off the scab a bit to early so unfortunatly it may scar. my hip is perminetly messed up though now it pops alot when i walk but meh atleast im still alive hehe. My birthday was pretty good had alot of friends (around 30) at my apartment and had a pretty good rager. got a new bed set from my parents so thats really nice. lol im rambaling. anyways thanks for the good sandwich tips and definatly about the musterd... what is mayo primarly made out of? I have challanged dairy recently and have came to I can take it in moderation a lil butter here( like in bread or cookies) is fine and yogurt as long as its 1 cup is safe for a day. Made the mistake of having a small shake from work made my head spin (could have been to much sugar though) and did give me a lil bathroom hell but other then that it was all good. still dont wanna over do it on dairy based products. pretty sure mayo is mostly eggs???

Never have thought too much about what mayo is made of...you made me do some research!! :lol:

Here is what wikipedia says about mayo : Mayonnaise is a thick sauce made primarily from vegetable oil and egg yolks.[1] Generally whitish-yellow in color, it is a stable emulsion formed from the oil and yolks and is generally flavored with salt, pepper, vinegar and/or lemon juice, and frequently mustard. Numerous other sauces can be created from it by adding additional seasonings

:) Enjoy!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor

Lister,

Are you in the Eugene area? I forget.

Can you pm me the details on this bakery. I'm assuming they use soy though. <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

Corvallis here. erm... hmm i seem to have lost the ingrediant list for one of there breads. ah here we go i found there busness card

Living Earth Bakery

fresh and deliciouse gluten-free items baked everyday- breads, cinnamon rolls, pastries, muffins, cookies & more- A dedicated gluten free kitchen- Dairy,soy and nut free options - Retail and wholesale

Livingearthbakery.com truthfully if you live in eugene its worth the drive down there cookies are so amazing taste way better then gluten containing ones.

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks Lister!

We are north of Vancouver WA but it still may be worth a looksy for us. :)

Archived