Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone Else Have This?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone else has headaches with muscle weakness, difficulty concentrating and coordination problems. For the past few days I have had these symptoms and its beginning to scare me. I have not yet gone gluten free because I have not had my biopsy yet. My blood work was positive though. I am just wondering if this is part of Celiacs or something else!

Thanks! :)

Ads by Google:

Yep. Had those symptoms. Went to the hospital for the headaches they were so bad. Had severe muscle cramps in my legs too.

Laura

;) yup--me too, had those symptoms--i have had headaches all my life though so it is sometimes hard to determine if it's a regular headache, a gluten problem, stress--i do have the difficulty concentrating :( deb

Yes, I have had headaches, muscle weakness, and difficulty concentrating. It's not very fun.

Yup. My coordination and muscle pain and weakness was so bad they looked at MS, Carpal Tunnel, peripheral neuropathy, RA, lupus etc.

They found nothing. I feel it is hormonal because going on the bc pill helped but the only other thing that helped were several bouts with predinisone. I am almost to the point to look in further again.

;) i keep reading the post in here and i do have to say that when i look back i do believe the worst i felt started just after taking the birth control pills--my ex wanted a daughter so much and after our third baby i decided i would go through pregnancy one more time trying for a girl--i was always sick when pregnant, by the time i found i was pregnant i had decided i didnt want anymore babies, that 3 were enough, but :P i was already pregnant with our 4th son and i was so sick the whole pregnancy, i was anemic the whole time and borderline gestational diabetes B) so after him i decided to go on bc pills--i got so sick with them and became pregnant with our last child--i cant say now that i was disappointed about having her :D --i finally had my baby girl and she was so precious :D --i have always told her that she was a wonderful surprise, never an accident ;) ---now when i look back, the bc pills may have been my trigger too, if not, they sure pushed me along--deb :(

I had all those symptoms. For years we thought I had ms but the mri wasn't showing lesions - we were stumped. I could barely walk down the stairs or carry my son. The headaches were horrible. I couldn't bear the sun or any kind of heat either.

I went through that for years - sometimes it would subside, but then it would come back again. It all disappeared on the gluten-free diet - just a day into it I felt better immediately, and i've been fine ever since (aside from some gluten mishaps that send me to the toilet - a symptom i NEVER had BEFORE!)

-donna

Ive been gluten-free since Feb04 and had all of those complaints and more. They did improve when I started the diet but I still find myself very fatigued all the time. I have to work hard at comsuming enough calories daily with the limited things I can eat.