7 replies to this topic

#1 Twister2

Twister2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone else has headaches with muscle weakness, difficulty concentrating and coordination problems. For the past few days I have had these symptoms and its beginning to scare me. I have not yet gone gluten free because I have not had my biopsy yet. My blood work was positive though. I am just wondering if this is part of Celiacs or something else!

Thanks! :)
Antibody positive, diagnosed October 2004.
Mother and two sisters with Celiacs also
Edmond, Oklahoma

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:35 PM

Yep. Had those symptoms. Went to the hospital for the headaches they were so bad. Had severe muscle cramps in my legs too.
Laura
Michigan

#3 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:27 PM

;) yup--me too, had those symptoms--i have had headaches all my life though so it is sometimes hard to determine if it's a regular headache, a gluten problem, stress--i do have the difficulty concentrating :( deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#4 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

Yes, I have had headaches, muscle weakness, and difficulty concentrating. It's not very fun.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#5 Guest_missyflanders_*

Guest_missyflanders_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:59 PM

Yup. My coordination and muscle pain and weakness was so bad they looked at MS, Carpal Tunnel, peripheral neuropathy, RA, lupus etc.

They found nothing. I feel it is hormonal because going on the bc pill helped but the only other thing that helped were several bouts with predinisone. I am almost to the point to look in further again.

#6 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:17 PM

;) i keep reading the post in here and i do have to say that when i look back i do believe the worst i felt started just after taking the birth control pills--my ex wanted a daughter so much and after our third baby i decided i would go through pregnancy one more time trying for a girl--i was always sick when pregnant, by the time i found i was pregnant i had decided i didnt want anymore babies, that 3 were enough, but :P i was already pregnant with our 4th son and i was so sick the whole pregnancy, i was anemic the whole time and borderline gestational diabetes B) so after him i decided to go on bc pills--i got so sick with them and became pregnant with our last child--i cant say now that i was disappointed about having her :D --i finally had my baby girl and she was so precious :D --i have always told her that she was a wonderful surprise, never an accident ;) ---now when i look back, the bc pills may have been my trigger too, if not, they sure pushed me along--deb :(
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#7 Donna F

Donna F

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:08 PM

I had all those symptoms. For years we thought I had ms but the mri wasn't showing lesions - we were stumped. I could barely walk down the stairs or carry my son. The headaches were horrible. I couldn't bear the sun or any kind of heat either.

I went through that for years - sometimes it would subside, but then it would come back again. It all disappeared on the gluten-free diet - just a day into it I felt better immediately, and i've been fine ever since (aside from some gluten mishaps that send me to the toilet - a symptom i NEVER had BEFORE!)

-donna

#8 llj012564

llj012564

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:44 AM

Ive been gluten-free since Feb04 and had all of those complaints and more. They did improve when I started the diet but I still find myself very fatigued all the time. I have to work hard at comsuming enough calories daily with the limited things I can eat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: