2 replies to this topic

#1 Pegster

Pegster

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:02 PM

The cold season has arrived in my classroom of second graders and they're all sneezing all over me! I am studying the ingredients on throat lozenges and boy am I confused! The natural herbal things seem suspicious to me---all these plants! Does anyone know of some gluten-free cough drops?
PEGGY
Positive DH biopsy 4/19/04

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:30 PM

Last time I checked Halls Sugar Free Varieties are gluten-free and also Altoids mints make a great cough drop. The peppermint helps stop coughs. Hope that helps you out, make sure you double check the halls though, it has been since last cold season since I checked it out.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:59 AM

i found a webste--napervillagi.com and it has 23 pages of gluten-free medicines--it says halls sugar free, robitussin cough drops, walgreens throat drops in black cheery, cherry, and menthol--but as always, you should call the 800# on the product--i sometimes just suck on a butterscotch candy or peppermint--hope i helps a little--deb---ps. clanthompson.com has a listing of gluten-free meds too
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: