2 replies to this topic

#1 stargirl

stargirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:51 PM

I know that this has been covered before but I couldn't find the post for it. I know Lactaid makes pills for lactose intolerance, where could I find those and are they gluten free? Does some drug store like LONGS carry a less expensive generic version? I really would appreciate your responses guys.
Inconclusive Blood Results, Positive Dietary Challenge Results
gluten-free since January 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 glen4cindy

glen4cindy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:06 PM

Yes, Lactaid is gluten-free.

http://www.clanthomp...s&category_id=4

Above is a website that I found that you can look up things usually found in OTC drugs to see if they are gluten-free. This site also tells you if it is Vegeterian free also.

We always buy Equate brand. It is actually called dairy digestive supplement. Seems like it is about $10 for 120 caplets. It is a bottle inside a small box. The dosage is 3 caplets before consuming dairy products. They also sell it in a larger box, no bottle, but, the pills are on sheets inside like 4 x 3 or something like that. I am not sure on quantities, but, if you buy these, you only need 1 caplet instead of 3.

It works very well, I use it almost daily when eating cheeze, milk, and butter or salad dressing.

#3 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:59 AM

:D yeha--a walmart shopper--glen4cindy--do you also use their headache products---have you used equate narproxin caplets--i have a bottle and i am not sure about them--i do use equate ibuprofen and i have used equate's brand of tylenol too--we have walmarts here in michigan and when i get moved to long island--they have them there too, so i have products i can trust from my own experience---thanks :D deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: