This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Boston And Baltimore Rest. Search Help

gracey1037

gracey1037 Rookie

Would appreciate some suggestions for Gluten-free eating in Boston and in Baltimore. DH and I will be traveling next Month and would like nice dinners and average lunch place suggestions. Tried to do search on site but was overwelming, and does not specify what ones are related to search area request. Appreciate any help you may care to offer Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

loraleena Contributor

I can help with Boston. I regularly eat at Bugaboo Creek, Naked Fish, PF Changs china Bistro, Fire and Ice and Whole Foods market. There is a Bugaboo Creek in Watertown (Part of Boston). They have a gluten free menu. PF Changs is in the theatre district and has a great gluten free menu. Fire and Ice is in Harvard Square in Cambridge (Boston). Naked Fish is in Waltham (just outside boston). Also there is several Legal Seafoods in the Area. One is right by PF Changs. Also there is a deli in Harvard Square that makes sandwiches on gluten free bread. There is a thread is this restaurant section. I can't remember what it is called. There is a restaurant called Elephant Walk that does gluten free ( it is Indian ). You have to call ahead 24 hours. Whole foods are everywhere -Newton, Cambridge, Brighton - these are all in Boston. Great for a healthy inexpensive lunch. I also go to little Asian seafood place in Jamaica Plain (Boston) called JP Seafood. They have a sweet potatoe noodle dish and lots of rice and grilled fish or chicken. They understand gluten free. Make sure you bring your own sauce and go during slower hours. Also by Pf Changs there is Cold Stone Creamery where all the ice creams are gluten free except the obivious one that have cookies or cake in them. Make sure you have them put your ice cream in your container and not on the mixing slab. Stay away from the mix-ins. Have fun!!

Char Apprentice
I can help with Boston. I regularly eat at Bugaboo Creek, Naked Fish, PF Changs china Bistro, Fire and Ice and Whole Foods market. There is a Bugaboo Creek in Watertown (Part of Boston). They have a gluten free menu. PF Changs is in the theatre district and has a great gluten free menu. Fire and Ice is in Harvard Square in Cambridge (Boston). Naked Fish is in Waltham (just outside boston). Also there is several Legal Seafoods in the Area. One is right by PF Changs. Also there is a deli in Harvard Square that makes sandwiches on gluten free bread. There is a thread is this restaurant section. I can't remember what it is called. There is a restaurant called Elephant Walk that does gluten free ( it is Indian ). You have to call ahead 24 hours. Whole foods are everywhere -Newton, Cambridge, Brighton - these are all in Boston. Great for a healthy inexpensive lunch. I also go to little Asian seafood place in Jamaica Plain (Boston) called JP Seafood. They have a sweet potatoe noodle dish and lots of rice and grilled fish or chicken. They understand gluten free. Make sure you bring your own sauce and go during slower hours. Also by Pf Changs there is Cold Stone Creamery where all the ice creams are gluten free except the obivious one that have cookies or cake in them. Make sure you have them put your ice cream in your container and not on the mixing slab. Stay away from the mix-ins. Have fun!!

Elephant Walk is French-Cambodian, not Indian; there are a few dishes they can make gluten-free that aren't ordinarily so, and those require you to call 24 hours in advance, but if you just walk in, you can also get their gluten-free menu and order most of the dishes on it. There are two restaurants, one in Brookline and one in Cambridge.

Fireplace in Brookline is very nice (very upscale, though) place that has a gluten-free menu; it's my new favorite, because the food there is terrific and they have a separate menu, though I cringe when I see the bill!

There's also a Wagamama in Quincy Market now, and they have a very limited gluten-free menu -- I've had one fabulous experience there, and one where I'm pretty sure I was glutened. (I think it depends on how busy they are, so you might want to go during off-peak hours)

Souper Salad also has a list of gluten-free meals; there's one by Government Center T-stop (so near Quincy Market/Fanueil Hall) and there may be others.

And I haven't been there yet (in Boston), but Maggianno's (the one by PF Chang's and Legal Seafood, off the Public Gardens and the Boston Common) supposedly now has gluten-free pasta.

Loraleena, thanks for the tip about the deli in Harvard Square -- I'll have to look for it!

-Char

mrg8610 Rookie

There is also a place in Waltham which is not too far from Boston called Jakes Dixie Roadhouse. They do bbq and have quite a large gluten-free menu. I took my daughter to eat there recently and they seemed to be very knowledgeable about Celiac.

You can check out their website at www.jakes-bbq.com

Guest maybe I have celiac

You can try McCormick and Schmidts downtown at the Harbor, plenty of fish, shellfish. You can head out to DOck of the Bay in Eastern Baltimore, on Millers Island plenty of crabs, just be sure they are not steamed in beer. The is an Outback in the Canton district.

savvvyseller Enthusiast

In Baltimore, try Austin Grill - it's Tex-Mex. Their gluten-free menu is online - Open Original Shared Link

savvvyseller Enthusiast

In both Baltimore and Boston, there's Legal Sea Foods.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Oh and dont forget about Ray Lewis 52 Full Moon barbeque, the best bbq I ever had...

Oh and dont forget about Ray Lewis 52 Full Moon barbeque, the best bbq I ever had...

loraleena Contributor

Where is Souper salad in Boston.

Char Apprentice
Where is Souper salad in Boston.

There is one near government center (102 Water St, Boston, MA) (and that one was the one that had the gluten-free menu), but there are a whole bunch over the city. (you can use google maps to find them)

Archived