4 replies to this topic

#1 BRCoats

BRCoats

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:51 PM

Does anyone know if Nordica cottage cheese is gluten-free? I know there are other brands that are gluten-free, but I am a big fan of the Nordica. I looked on the ingredients, and it all looks fine to me....but I'm too new at this to feel very confident. Somtimes I wonder if I will EVER feel confident in just reading a label and knowing it's gluten-free or not.

Anyway, I know I could just call the company....but I hate the telephone!!! :huh:

Thanks for any help.

Brenda
~Brenda

Celiac, gastroparesis, PCOD, heart problems, pacemaker.

Diagnosed 7-12-04 via bloodwork. Never had a biopsy, doc didn't think it was necessary (said I would know just by going gluten-free).

gluten-free two weeks after diagnosis (and my last bag of Oreos). :-)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:41 AM

:D brenda--i went to their website and checked out the ingreds and i would feel safe about buying this product--the only thing modified is milk ingreds--i would eat it---so enjoy :P deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#3 BRCoats

BRCoats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:11 AM

Duh!!! Didn't think of going to their website. :rolleyes: I didn't see anything on the ingredients that could be harmful, but like I siad, I'm not very confident!

Thanks Deb!

Brenda
~Brenda

Diagnosed 7-12-04 via bloodwork. Never had a biopsy, doc didn't think it was necessary (said I would know just by going gluten-free).

#4 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:11 AM

:D its ok--guess what i did--i am so angry with myself and quaker oats company---I have purchased their caramel corn cakes for a long time now--recently i found their brand that is cracker jack and i read the ingredients--all ok, so i bought them :) and i loved them :D , so when they were gone i purchased 2 more bags--talking to my sister today she says--now deb, did you buy cracker jack or cracker jack butter toffee <_< i didnt know there was 2 kinds, i only saw one on the shelf, so i bought it :rolleyes: WELL, the butter toffee flavor has barley malt in it :angry: thank god the barley didnt make me physically ill, but we all know it is at work on my villi :angry: i am so angry with them and myself, but in my defense--there was only one brand on the shelf and it was where i purchased them the 1st time, and i did read the ingredients :unsure: we are never safe--somedays i just feel like giving up--deb :unsure:
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#5 BRCoats

BRCoats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:27 PM

That's what I hate about this diet. It seems as if I'm not paranoid, I will get "glutened". Don't feel bad....all of us have had those moments. Mine was with Rice milk (Rice Dream - not gluten-free!). I drink soy milk, and yes, I drink it straight from the jug, because I'm the only one who drinks it. Anyway.....since the rice milk and the soy milk look so much alike, I accidentaly took a swig of the rice milk. UGH!!!! One little swig and I'm sick for three days. Dumb, dumb, dumb. :angry:

So see....you're not the only one. :D

Brenda
P.S. I ate the cottage cheese.....no reaction!!!! Yipppeeee!!! I wish I could eat the whole container full, but since I'm kind of sensitive to dairy, I just eat a few bites at a time. But hey...I'll take what I can get. :lol:
~Brenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: