19 replies to this topic

#16 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

I'm with you tiffjake, I went to the Little Aussie Bakery for the first time last week and had the most incredible bread I cried. I mean I actually cried! It was so soft and exactly like regular bread, except tastier. My son was only just diagnosed last year and he thinks it's even better than the bread I used to give him. Even my Husband loves it and he's not even celiac! I'm going to try the pizza next, they look incredible. Can't wait to get back to San Antonio..

Yeah, it was really cool to go there and order ANYTHING and know that it was gluten-free because the whole place is ONLY gluten-free! Very Cool! (Talking about Little Aussie Bakery, NOT Chuys!)
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 aliciam

aliciam

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:32 AM

We were celebrating a friends birthday last night and went to Chuy's on Knox Henderson in Dallas. It was a great experience. First when I talked to the bartender, I asked about margarita's and the top shelf is not a mix, with all safe ingredients. Yum!

Next when we got to the table, I explained to the waiter that I was allergic to wheat and I would be complicated, but I am sorry. (With a very sweet smile). I ordered vegetable enchiladas with ranchero sauce and double checked everything with him, especially the Ranchero sauce. He later returned to the table and told me the ranchero was with a ruex, so he substituted the tomatillo sauce for me. Then he reassured me the tortillas were 100% corn and made in the resturant.

Overall it was a great time. I didn't get sick, and he took a lot of time with me on a busy Sat. night. I felt special. No one gave me any grief about ingredients and he was educated and knew about Ruex. :lol:

Kat.

Hi Kat!

Do you know what else we can eat off the Chuy's menu? Sorry to ask, but what is Ruex? Thanks for your help.

Alicia

#18 Clibers64

Clibers64

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

Hey yeah I checked out the little aussie bakery too and it was fantastic! Pizza, Bread, Pretzels Cookies and lunches, I took a whole bag of samples away and love the place I'm back there almost every week now. This place is incredible. EVERYTHING IS GLUTEN FREE

#19 lishakelly

lishakelly

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:22 PM

FYI: I referred a friend to Chuy's b/c I eat there and seem to be ok, but she said this is the menu they gave to her when she asked what was gluten free. News to me! I need to do some investigating. Maybe they are being cautious about cc?

http://www.chuys.com...ryFree_menu.pdf

#20 lucyhd

lucyhd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi everyone! I am going tonight with a group of coworkers to Chuy's. I've tried to contact the restaurant twice this week via email with no response, so i called and spoke with a very nice woman who offered to email the menu directly to me. 

The Gluten Free Menu reads: 

Appetizers: 

Guacamole (no chips, sub corn tortillas)

Cheese Quesadilla (sub corn tortillas)

Salads:

Mexi-Cob Salad (no meat)

Large Dinner Salad

***Dressing: Cilantro Vinaigrette

Sides:

Corn

Blue Corn Tortillas

Tacos: 

Guacamole Soft Tacos (sub corn tortillas, no rice)

Enchiladas:

Veggie Enchiladas, no sauce, no rice

Combinations:

#3 Taco & Enchilada, Sub Guacamole Soft Taco on Corn Tortilla, With Veggie Enchilada, no Sauce, no Rice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: