7 replies to this topic

#1 BamBam

BamBam

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

I was so happy when my husband found this last week. It is a wonderful salad. They make them fresh when ordered (at least at my DQ they do). I asked about gluten contamination and the salads are made in a completely different area. I ordered the salad today and there was so much good stuff on it, I had a hard time eating it all! It was sooooo good. They also have gluten free 1000 Island Dressing. The best part for me, is the fact that they make them as they are ordered, so I can order mine with no cheese!

BamBam
Montana
Self-diagnosed after many tests and no results to feel better
Gluten Free since 8-6-2005
Lactose free for many years
Casein Free since 02/14/06

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

I was so happy when my husband found this last week. It is a wonderful salad. They make them fresh when ordered (at least at my DQ they do). I asked about gluten contamination and the salads are made in a completely different area. I ordered the salad today and there was so much good stuff on it, I had a hard time eating it all! It was sooooo good. They also have gluten free 1000 Island Dressing. The best part for me, is the fact that they make them as they are ordered, so I can order mine with no cheese!

BamBam

Be very very careful.....DQ has a gluten-free list and this salad is NOT on it. I would be very cautious!!

Here is the dq gluten-free list:

For our customers with gluten intolerance, the following Dairy Queen® treats are some of our top selling gluten-free products: containing no wheat, barley, oats or rye.

Vanilla and Chocolate Soft Serve
Arctic Rush™ slush - all flavors
MooLatté®
(Please note: This does NOT include Hazelnut Flavored drinks.)
Additionally the following toppings are gluten-free:

Chocolate
Hot Fudge
Marshmallow
Butterscotch
Strawberry
Caramel
Our supplier of manufactured novelties informs us that the following items are also gluten-free:

DQ® Fudge Bar
DQ® Vanilla Orange Bar
Dilly® Bar (look for this in a sealed plastic wrap)
If you would like to try one of our famous Blizzard® treats, the following is a list of gluten-free Blizzard® treats.

Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard®
Butterfinger® Blizzard®
Snickers® Blizzard®
Heath® Blizzard®
M&M® Blizzard®
Banana Split Blizzard®
Hawaiian Blizzard®
Tropical Blizzard®
Strawberry Blizzard®
Mint M&M® Blizzard®
Please know, many of our Blizzard® candies and toppings contain wheat, rye, oats, and/or barley and would not be safe for a customer with gluten intolerance. As the Blizzard® machine is used for all flavors, cross-contamination may occur on any flavor Blizzard®. So for your safety, we recommend notifying the Dairy Queen® staff of your allergy or intolerance and requesting they thoroughly clean the Blizzard® machine before blending your Blizzard® to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.

When in doubt whether a product may contain a particular allergen, we recommend you purchase a pre-packaged manufactured novelty treat, which contains an ingredient listing and nutrition facts panel on the package.

Dairy Queen® restaurants are very busy and cross contamination may occur between ingredients. Thus a 100% confidence level cannot be guaranteed. It is important that you ask your local Dairy Queen® restaurant for an ingredient listing of the specific item in question and let them know of your special needs.

For many more gluten free items and the most up to date allergy and nutrition information, please visit our nutrition calculator.

http://www.dairyquee...ee Products.htm

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 BamBam

BamBam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

I looked at Dairy Queen.com before I listed my message and under the nutritional information I did find it listed as gluten free. I never post information before checking! Your list only lists desserts. There hamburgers (without the bun of course) are gluten free also.

BamBam
Montana

#4 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

I looked at Dairy Queen.com before I listed my message and under the nutritional information I did find it listed as gluten free. I never post information before checking!

BamBam

Can you point me to this other gluten-free list then? Thanks!!

Jessica
Kansas

#5 BamBam

BamBam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

Can you point me to this other gluten-free list then? Thanks!!

www.dairyqueen.com

Coose menus/nutrition

Choose nutrition/allergen

Choose Allergen brochure for Treats & FOOD

There it is. It is pretty small, so I printed it out. Obviously the crispy chicken salad has gluten, but the grilled chicken salad is gluten free.
Montana

#6 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

www.dairyqueen.com

Coose menus/nutrition

Choose nutrition/allergen

Choose Allergen brochure for Treats & FOOD

There it is. It is pretty small, so I printed it out. Obviously the crispy chicken salad has gluten, but the grilled chicken salad is gluten free.

Oh I found that...but it only lists for wheat, not rye, barley and oats. I know it might be a slim chance the other things (rye, barley and oats) would be an ingredient but you never know. Seeing as they DO offer the gluten free list and don't include those items I would still be pretty cautious about saying it's "gluten free". It is however wheat free.

Jessica
Kansas

#7 JennyC

JennyC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

I called Dairy Queen a couple of weeks ago, and I was told that all the wheat free products on their allergen list are also gluten free. They just lumped them together. I spoke to someone who really seemed to understand the seriousness of cross contamination. She recommended that I only get pre-packaged ice cream treats because they are made on dedicated lines. I personally would get the ice cream sundays. :D She also recommended staying away from the blizzards because of the high risk of cross contamination.

Just thought I'd pass on the information.
Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.
Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

#8 Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

I called Dairy Queen a couple of weeks ago, and I was told that all the wheat free products on their allergen list are also gluten free. They just lumped them together. I spoke to someone who really seemed to understand the seriousness of cross contamination. She recommended that I only get pre-packaged ice cream treats because they are made on dedicated lines. I personally would get the ice cream sundays. :D She also recommended staying away from the blizzards because of the high risk of cross contamination.

Just thought I'd pass on the information.

I have a Dairy Queen several blocks away and in the next town over. Here I do the sundays on the list but you have to watch out for the whipped cream and nuts. I always felt bad the next day and deceided to try it with out the whipped cream and nuts (pecans for me) didn't have any problems. I talked with the mgr and he read me the list on the whipped cream it sounded ok but the pecans seem to have some kind of light coating and I didn't ask about them. I had a sunday in the next town over and was violently ill within an hour. I don't normally have the whole big D thing going on but that day I did and for several days after. I was also in a lot of joint pain. My first experience being glutened after going off gluten for 4 weeks. So enjoy but be for warned.
27 years of misdiognoses
seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet
rheumatoid arthritis May 1980
wrist joint replacement Jan 1984
fibromyalgia May 1980
insomnia since the 80's
diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds
Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea
Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:
depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.
Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive
Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: