Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dairy Queen

8 posts in this topic

I was so happy when my husband found this last week. It is a wonderful salad. They make them fresh when ordered (at least at my DQ they do). I asked about gluten contamination and the salads are made in a completely different area. I ordered the salad today and there was so much good stuff on it, I had a hard time eating it all! It was sooooo good. They also have gluten free 1000 Island Dressing. The best part for me, is the fact that they make them as they are ordered, so I can order mine with no cheese!

BamBam

Ads by Google:
I was so happy when my husband found this last week. It is a wonderful salad. They make them fresh when ordered (at least at my DQ they do). I asked about gluten contamination and the salads are made in a completely different area. I ordered the salad today and there was so much good stuff on it, I had a hard time eating it all! It was sooooo good. They also have gluten free 1000 Island Dressing. The best part for me, is the fact that they make them as they are ordered, so I can order mine with no cheese!

BamBam

Be very very careful.....DQ has a gluten-free list and this salad is NOT on it. I would be very cautious!!

Here is the dq gluten-free list:

For our customers with gluten intolerance, the following Dairy Queen

I looked at Dairy Queen.com before I listed my message and under the nutritional information I did find it listed as gluten free. I never post information before checking! Your list only lists desserts. There hamburgers (without the bun of course) are gluten free also.

BamBam

I looked at Dairy Queen.com before I listed my message and under the nutritional information I did find it listed as gluten free. I never post information before checking!

BamBam

Can you point me to this other gluten-free list then? Thanks!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Can you point me to this other gluten-free list then? Thanks!!

www.dairyqueen.com

Coose menus/nutrition

Choose nutrition/allergen

Choose Allergen brochure for Treats & FOOD

There it is. It is pretty small, so I printed it out. Obviously the crispy chicken salad has gluten, but the grilled chicken salad is gluten free.

www.dairyqueen.com

Coose menus/nutrition

Choose nutrition/allergen

Choose Allergen brochure for Treats & FOOD

There it is. It is pretty small, so I printed it out. Obviously the crispy chicken salad has gluten, but the grilled chicken salad is gluten free.

Oh I found that...but it only lists for wheat, not rye, barley and oats. I know it might be a slim chance the other things (rye, barley and oats) would be an ingredient but you never know. Seeing as they DO offer the gluten free list and don't include those items I would still be pretty cautious about saying it's "gluten free". It is however wheat free.

I called Dairy Queen a couple of weeks ago, and I was told that all the wheat free products on their allergen list are also gluten free. They just lumped them together. I spoke to someone who really seemed to understand the seriousness of cross contamination. She recommended that I only get pre-packaged ice cream treats because they are made on dedicated lines. I personally would get the ice cream sundays. :D She also recommended staying away from the blizzards because of the high risk of cross contamination.

Just thought I'd pass on the information.

I called Dairy Queen a couple of weeks ago, and I was told that all the wheat free products on their allergen list are also gluten free. They just lumped them together. I spoke to someone who really seemed to understand the seriousness of cross contamination. She recommended that I only get pre-packaged ice cream treats because they are made on dedicated lines. I personally would get the ice cream sundays. :D She also recommended staying away from the blizzards because of the high risk of cross contamination.

Just thought I'd pass on the information.

I have a Dairy Queen several blocks away and in the next town over. Here I do the sundays on the list but you have to watch out for the whipped cream and nuts. I always felt bad the next day and deceided to try it with out the whipped cream and nuts (pecans for me) didn't have any problems. I talked with the mgr and he read me the list on the whipped cream it sounded ok but the pecans seem to have some kind of light coating and I didn't ask about them. I had a sunday in the next town over and was violently ill within an hour. I don't normally have the whole big D thing going on but that day I did and for several days after. I was also in a lot of joint pain. My first experience being glutened after going off gluten for 4 weeks. So enjoy but be for warned.