886 replies to this topic

#886 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

I had a bout of Lyme disease back in 2001. I caught it pretty early on and took 1 month of powerful antibiotics. My symptoms did not return.

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in May 2010. I've been on the gluten-free diet ever since.

Fast forward 1 1/2 years later to Oct 2011. I've continued to have very elevated antibodies despite being on the gluten-free diet for 1 1/2 years. The doctor is not sure why I'm not responding to the gluten-free diet and making any progress. I will be going to get a second endoscopy in a few weeks to investigate this matter further.

But now I'm wondering if I could still be having issues with Lyme disease? Is it possible to have blunted villi and high antibodies with Lyme disease as well? Maybe I don't even have celiac disease at all? I'm so confused now. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#887 alicewa

alicewa

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Has anyone here tried Venus Fly Trap and Dr Wise's Cat's Claw?

Lyme disease is apparently ridiculously common and can manifest itself as MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis and other autoimmune diseases. May be present in up to 1 in 15 people. Jason just uploaded a factual video on this (I think it was recently) which I thought you'd like to see:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: