Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Corn Tortilla Chips

8 posts in this topic

Are corn tortilla chips gluten free? safe? thanks, guys! Sorry, I am a new celiac!

Ads by Google:
Are corn tortilla chips gluten free? safe? thanks, guys! Sorry, I am a new celiac!

Many are gluten free, but the best rule of thumb is to always read the labels.

I eat tositos at home! Make sure to read the label b/c they just came out with flour ones and they look similar!

I also get the veggie and flaxseed one's from Trader Joe's when I actually get to a store!

I eat ( and love) Santitas white corn tortilla chips. They are made in Plano TX. The ingredients are white corn, vegetable oil(corn, sunflower, or soybean) and salt. They taste closer to ones I grew up on in TX.

See this link to the current Frito Lay gluten-free list. You will find many tortilla chip options there.

If they have them where you are, I eat the Mission Tortilla chips. I think they are great, they even brand Gluten Free on the bag. Now, there is contention in that, as they stopped for awhile. As they are made in a non gluten-free facility.

Here's there FAQ

http://www.missionmenus.com/FAQs.aspx

They also have a bit more fat in them than more of the big name brands. But heck, I'm eating a chip.

UTZ Restaurant Style Chips are hands down the best. UTZ also very clearly marks their gluten free products as being such. You will find that many food companies are not forthcoming at all about their products' status on gluten. I try to patronize those that do. Good luck.

I use Tostitos and I also use Wegmans brand which says gluten free on it. It depends on where I am, which I buy. Both work well for me