Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Oxygen Therapy

4 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone here had tried any form of oxygen therapy. I have been looking into the use of ozone and hydrogen peroxide and I haven't found anything bad about it. I'm really interested in trying the intravenous hydrogen peroxide therapy.

I haven't but my husband gets the IV hydrogen peroxide treatments at the ACAM doc's preventative medicine clinic when he has congestion or a bad cold that he can't shake. It takes about 2-3 IV treatments for it to kick it out of his system but it works every time. Next time I get congestion of the lungs I'm going to try it too. At this same clinic I get vitamin IV treatments since I take a ton of vitamins orally but it doesn't seem like I'm absorbing them. Wow, after a vitamin drip I feel like I could conquer the world!!!

As to the ozone therapy...sorry, but I don't know anything about that.

What were you going to take it FOR?

I seem to always be pretty tired... which for someone that's 19 and gets up most often at noon.. is not normal. I've been gluten-free for 5 months.. felt better.. then felt worse.. went CF... felt better.. now feel worse. I thought maybe the H2O2 treatments would kick up my energy and stuff. I also had suspicions of candidiasis and read that that's a good way of clearing up any chances of a systematic infection.

Hi,

I did consider oxygen therapy for my candida and other health problems. I do not have any experience with oxygen therapy via intravenous however I have received 8-10 IV's with high doses of vitamins in them. I was not thrilled with its effects on my overall health. I felt very fatigued soon after the treatments were finished. I have not continued with the treatments.

Dr. Majid Ali offers oxygen therapy perhaps he has success with his patients.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Pins And Needles
      You sure did nail it! I was too worried it was MS or Lupus or Celiac to be able to really give that option a chance. If anything my guess was low b12. The only obvious things in my diet are Vitamin water and protein bars. If you look at food it's in practically everything in pretty high doses. Going gluten-free uncovered this or made it start. MTHFR gene maybe? Magnesium too low? I haven't taken my multi & am looking up everything I'm eating. Still having the twitches but not near as much in my calves and feet. My arch pain is gone & energy is up a bit. Still twitching though and had some arm and shoulder pain overnight. I read it can be 6 months or longer for nerves to heal.
    • How the gluten-free diet can cause new heartburn / GERD: sodium acid pyrophosphate
      I never really had much heartburn before my diagnosis of Celiac and consequent dietary changes. But since then, I have discovered Udis, Van's, Canyon Bakehouse, and many other gluten-free brands. About a year ago I began eating 2 waffles every day, 7 days a week with my breakfast. The waffles I was eating were Nature's Path and Van's, both which use very high amounts of sodium acid pyrophosphate. The waffles are mostly air and carbs. Within a few weeks I began to develop recurrent, very painful heartburn that would popup constantly. My tolerance for acidic foods declined--whereas previously it would take much more acidic foods to cause heartburn, now any amount, no matter how small, would cause heartburn. And it kept getting worse with each month to the point that I began to worry about my health. I developed GERD that wouldn't go away for 24 hours after eating an offending food. The offending foods list kept growing bigger and bigger to the point that almost anything would cause heartburn and some degree of GERD. So I eliminated almost all foods containing sodium acid pyrophosphate and the heartburn and GERD stopped. I can eat tomato-based foods again with either no discomfort or 5% of the discomfort I used to experience, and I can eat foods on the offending food list again with no heartburn at all. Despite searching the internet for hours for an answer to what was causing my heartburn and GERD, I found nothing definitive and had to figure it out on my own. Did you know there is absolutely nothing at all anywhere on the internet connecting sodium acid pyrophosphate with hearburn? To my knowledge this will be the first ever post on the topic on the entire internet. Either that, or both Google and DuckDuckGo are suppressing the information. Also, did you know that sodium acid pyrophosphate is an ingredient found in almost all aluminum-free baking powder? That's what I get for trying to eliminate aluminum! I am making the switch to single-action aluminum-free baking powder soon--single-action doesn't have this ingredient, but it's less convenient to use unfortunately. I'm interested to hear if it causes anyone else heartburn as well. I'm glad to be heartburn-free and comfortable for the first time in a year.
    • Do this, scientists! (experiment to confirm/deny the existence of "leaky gut")
      Leaky gut is a condition that we have little knowledge of.  The symptoms this condition could cause are not agreed upon. Some health practitioners say it could cause "wide range of long term conditions [1], like chronic fatigue syndrome and Multiple Sclerosis. The possible cause list NHS gives is much more accurate: inflammatory bowel diseases – such as Crohn's disease infections of the intestines – such as salmonella, norovirus andgiardiasis  coeliac disease  chemotherapy medicines chronic kidney disease   radiotherapy to the abdomen (tummy) immunosuppressants (medicines that weaken the immune system) HIV/AIDS  cystic fibrosis   type 1 diabetes sepsis complicated surgery As you can see, the list includes a lot gastrointestinal conditions. Gut becomes "leaky", letting too big particles into blood system, and possibly these particles act as poison (because they are not  supposed to be in the blood, thus the possible bad effects). Now, to confirm this disease, I was amazed that this test hadn't been done before:
      Feed the supposed "leaky gut" patients (e.g. celiacs with damaged bowel) with IV fluids. Because these fluids go directly into the blood stream, and the particles are "elemental" (glucose, vitamins, amino acids... all supposed to be in the blood stream anyway), they shouldn't cause any symptoms. If they notice improvement, the problem is in the digestive system (I'm also including stomach). If not, such condition as "leaky gut" doesn't exist. Rather the problem is how the body reacts to the "elemental" particles. E.g the most common explanation would be diabetes (the IV fluids just caused elevated glucose levels), that also should be tested. Also the "candida theory", because its proponents say the candida is in the WHOLE body, including the blood stream. To eliminate this, patients should take anticandida meds, then again go on IV fluids, and if they NOW get better, it was candida. If not candida, and not diabetes, nor allergies, we have a new condition we aren't even aware of (body reacting to elementary particles with no obvious reason). However, if the patients DO get better, the problem IS in the gut. Now, it could be celiac disease, and the improvement could have been due to eliminating gluten from the diet (because IV doesn't contain gluten). The question remains that did the bowel actually leak any particles? (not just gluten causing autoimmune reactions and malnutrition, and explaining all the  300 symptoms).  Or the patients just get better due to NOW acquiring all the necessary nutrients.  To eliminate these possibilities, they should feed the patients with gluten-free food (or even better, with elemental diet, because it could also be lack of digestive enzymes or something else). If they get worse, the problem is STILL in the gut, and thus the "leaky gut" exists. If not, "leaky gut" is probably a non-existent condition.
    • So Hershey's Miniatures Aren't Gluten Free?
      I am really ill just now - 20 minutes after eating 2 Hersheys Milk Chocolate Miniatures - checked on the Hersheys site and the milk choc. minis are NOT included on their list of gluten-free products -and no, I am not sensitive to dairy, so that's not it.  NO MORE for me... it is not the "end to a perfect day" but it isn't fun.
    • Candida test
      I noticed after I posted this that there are some topics about this posted before.  There is a search function above.  But, if anyone has anything new to post that would be appreciated.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    between_spaces