4 replies to this topic

#1 radgirl

radgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

How do you know if you have this? Can it mild or does it have to be severe like the pictures I see on the Web. What does it look like/feel like, etc...? Where is it mainly located and how does it start up?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ItchyMeredith

ItchyMeredith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:00 AM

It can be much milder than the pictures. Right now I have about 5 healing blisters on each knee and that's it. When it was at its worst I had probably 10 blisters on each knee, 10 on the top of each foot, 5 on each elbow, and 10 on each butt cheek. For me the blisters feel intensely itchy until the blisters start to heal. Luckily I am healing right now because I have been gluten free for 3 weeks.

I got diagnosed through a skin biopsy at a dermatologist and as far as I know that is the only way to properly diagnose it.

Good luck!
DH positive skin biopsy June 2007
Blood test positive July 2007
Gluten Free- since 6-23-07
Vegetarian since 1991

Stay-at-home Mommy to:
Kellen 2-05
Cameron 10-06
Scarlett 5-09

#3 Tephie

Tephie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

How do you know if you have this? Can it mild or does it have to be severe like the pictures I see on the Web. What does it look like/feel like, etc...? Where is it mainly located and how does it start up?

Mine never looked like the pictures. Mine aren't very itchy either. I would get an occassional water blister on my face, some red sore dots on my elbows, knees, the back of my legs, and I just started noticing them on my butt. The ones I hated the worse would be the ones on my fingers, they almost looked like blood blisters and the brown stuff under the skin would stay until it worked its way up to the surface, those ones were the most painful for me. I would say mine are mild, but when I do have them they hurt. My rashes were also diagnosed by a dermatolgist via a biospy.

Stephanie
Positive for dermatitis herpetiformis via skin biopsy and blood tests 6/21/07
Gluten free since 6/25/07

#4 barbara123

barbara123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

I have had DH for probably 6 years or so. They itch, can be painful and sometimes bleed. Prob due to scratching. the dr's all thought it was shingles. But had never heard of anyone having them on buttocks or so many breakouts. Usually about 19-15 per month.
They thought it was shingles on buttock but Lupus on arms and back. Never did they test for celiac disease. Since going gluten-free for awhile I am now having little to no breakouts. Off the pain medication and feeling much better

#5 Belinda

Belinda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:50 AM

Mine came on my feet and hands and found out through hubby's and my GI doc. (hubby's appt) mine was DH, so that day I went gluten-free and they started to go away til I accendently got glutened :(
When they first start they itch like crazy and nothing seems to be there, so u don't really know wht it is til a day later a small round hard bump forms under the skin, then it will turn into a sometimes very painful blister and then as they start to go away they turn brown inside the blister and then u get a white popped looking blister (best if when they form blister take a small neddle and a Kleenex and pop them, I do so they don't continue to itch) >THIS IS ON MY BODY ONLY <
U could try Ting for the itching it does help stop it :) (found at wally world)
It can be any where I was told and it starts from being glutened the more I ate the worse mine got so try to keep a diary of wht u eat when u notice them come.
My hubby had it on his lower belly, buttox, knees, feet, hands,arms, chest and back
My son had it on his feet and hands
My middle son had it on his knees
My oldest son looked like he had the chicken-pox X3
So prolly depends on ur system mostly :(
I sure hope u get better and hope this helped explain the ?'s u asked !
Hope u find wht u have soon.
Good luck!
Belinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: