This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Are Your Favorite Gluten Free Products?

momandgirls

momandgirls Enthusiast

I've been asked to help a new england resort become more gluten free friendly and I'd like your help. They would like to carry some gluten free items in their on site (small) country store. Bear in mind that, if you're staying in this resort, you have access to a kitchen in your condo. There are a couple of natural food type stores within about a 10 minute drive with a very limited number of gluten free items (three to five items) and, to get a major grocery store, you'd have to drive at least 30-45 minutes. So, given that information, what 15 or so items would you like to see the store carry?

I think this would be my list:

cereal

pasta

rice milk

dairy free "butter"

pizza crust

pretzels/crackers

brownie mix

pancake/waffle mix

muffins/doughnuts

chix nuggets

gluten-free/dairy free ice cream

some sort of cereal/granola type bar

gluten-free beer

Feel free to list your favorite brands, too.

Thank you very much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Tinkyada

Enjoy Life

Nature's Path

Shelton's gluten-free Turkey Products (frozen)

Erewhon gluten-free cereal

Bob's Red Mill

Food For Life

tom Contributor

Cereals:

For kids, Gorilla Munch (or is it Crunch?)

For us, Erewhon gluten-free 'fake' Rice Krispies

That Erewhon tho - they have a 'wheat-free' version w/ a painfully similar box, I'm sure confusing many who don't know there are both.

Do the products need to be things that normally HAVE gluten?

Because for me, I'll take smoked salmon over most anything.

Besides that, Pamela's has a great Gluten-free Casein-free chocolate chip cookie.

I'm thinking celiacs would bring many products w/ them. I go on a trip tomorrow myself and half the bag might be food.

So that would make the ice cream & beer more important. (Redbridge of course)

For ricemilk, I like the one by WestSoy.

Oohhhh I love the Food4Life brown rice tortillas! Not sure if the shelf[edit: grrr meant SHELF-LIFE!] is enough for that situation.

My diet's been so much more restricted than gluten-free, I'm not as familiar as I once was. Can't think of the bars made by the company that makes Gorilla Munch cereal.

P.S. Hi Andrea!! :)

pamelaD Apprentice

Here is my list:

Chebe roll mix

Pamela's pancake mix

Mary's Gone crackers

Aliplano hot quinoa cereal

gluten-free tortilla chips

gluten-free pasta

Pam

momandgirls Enthusiast

Hi - Thank you to those who have already responded. Yes, I'm looking specifically for items that are not inherintely gluten free. Normally, I bring lots of food with us. However, I forgot pasta and I spent half a day driving around looking for a store that carried gluten free pasta. That's how this whole thing came up. They don't have a lot of space but they are willing to carry some gluten free items in their store so I'm trying to get a sense from people what they would see. I'm also working with their two on site restaurants to come up with some gluten free menus (personally, I'd like to see them get a dedicated fryer so they could make gluten free french fries). Thanks!

Karen B. Explorer
Here is my list:

Chebe roll mix

Pamela's pancake mix

Mary's Gone crackers

Aliplano hot quinoa cereal

gluten-free tortilla chips

gluten-free pasta

Pam

Exactly what I was going to list. Maybe some Amy's frozen stuff for convenience. But Tinkyada for the pasta.

jesscarmel Enthusiast
I've been asked to help a new england resort become more gluten free friendly and I'd like your help. They would like to carry some gluten free items in their on site (small) country store. Bear in mind that, if you're staying in this resort, you have access to a kitchen in your condo. There are a couple of natural food type stores within about a 10 minute drive with a very limited number of gluten free items (three to five items) and, to get a major grocery store, you'd have to drive at least 30-45 minutes. So, given that information, what 15 or so items would you like to see the store carry?

I think this would be my list:

cereal

pasta

rice milk

dairy free "butter"

pizza crust

pretzels/crackers

brownie mix

pancake/waffle mix

muffins/doughnuts

chix nuggets

gluten-free/dairy free ice cream

some sort of cereal/granola type bar

gluten-free beer

Feel free to list your favorite brands, too.

Thank you very much!

i live in boston and am curious waht the resort is called and where it is- sounds great! can dogs stay there?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Kinnikinick bread and hamburger rolls and

EnerG crackers

Bakery on Main Cereal

These are my 3 couldn't live without them gluten-free foods, at least while I could still have corn. Kinnikinick breads, the italian and rolls are corn free also though in addition to being gluten-free. The Ener-G crackers are corn based but they are the best. I used to eat at least 3 packages a week.

bluejeangirl Contributor

Heartlands gluten free performance blend flour. I swear if my house were burning I'd grab my pets, pictures and my performance blend flour. :rolleyes: well I have to order it online and I may not get access.

Pamela's brownie mix

Applegate hotdogs expecially if I was on vacation.

Tinkyada spaghetti noodles

Lungberg Rice chips and rice

Namaste cake mixes

Bob's Red Mill pure buckwheat flour

A reputable bakery style gluten free bread and buns

Back to Nature Rice Thins

Pamela's ready made cookies

I'd be pretty content with this. There are the items I have to have always in my pantry.

Gail

Guhlia Rising Star

cereal - Envirokidz Panda Puffs (adult and child friendly)

pasta - Tinkyada

rice milk - ?

dairy free "butter" - ?

pizza crust - Kinnikinnick

pretzels/crackers - Glutino pretzels

brownie mix - GFP

pancake/waffle mix - ?

muffins/doughnuts - Kinnikinnick

chix nuggets - Wellshire farms (IF an oven is in the suites)

gluten-free/dairy free ice cream - ?

some sort of cereal/granola type bar - Bakery on Main

gluten-free beer - Red Bridge (mainstream) and Bard's Tale (specialty)

We eat Kinnikinnick bagels regularly for breakfast or to make sandwiches on. These are a household favorite for us.

tom Contributor
Hi - Thank you to those who have already responded. Yes, I'm looking specifically for items that are not inherintely gluten free. Normally, I bring lots of food with us. However, I forgot pasta and I spent half a day driving around looking for a store that carried gluten free pasta. That's how this whole thing came up. They don't have a lot of space but they are willing to carry some gluten free items in their store

Aha! NOW I get it!! :blink:

That's awesome that they'll do this! :)

I saw someone else asking just who this "they" is, and I too am very curious.

Give 'em a plug!! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Oohhhh I love the Food4Life brown rice tortillas! Not sure if the shelf[edit: grrr meant SHELF-LIFE!] is enough for that situation.

They freeze very well. I know of two stores that keep them frozen. :)

Hi back at you Tom. :)

Archived