18 replies to this topic

#16 cynicaltomorrow

cynicaltomorrow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

I have a hard time telling that I'm losing (or gaining) weight by how my pants fit, as I wear baggy guy jeans. B) I'm almost 20, a little over 5'4, and probably wear a 12 or 14 jeans even though I only weigh about 135 lbs. Just a little confusing for me. And, you're right; losing weight is addictive. I never even think about it until I notice that I'm losing weight.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:24 AM

:lol: i have been reading these posts and one thing is certain--we all look in the mirror and see ourselves and we dont see the difference----i do see a difference now compared to before gluten-free--i told my sister-- :P i have a neck, collarbones, and my chest is hard now, not cushy and wow, i am not a member of the itty bitty titty club anymore :P they were hiding in that other fat :lol:----she tells me that i am more "defined" now, developing definition :P whatever--hehe--------what i do notice---when i see pics of myself, i do see a thinner person and if pics add 10#--well yeha :lol: --i will never be skinny, but i am so much better then i was--i know people laugh when you say you are big boned, but some people are--i am big boned--when i married at 17, i looked too thin and i was wearing a size 14 then--size doesnt matter, it's where we are comfortable being us ;) learn to be comfy :D deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#18 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:09 AM

Symptoms of zinc defiency would include loss of taste and appetite (anorexia),delayed healing, increased susceptibility to infection, retarded growth, and hair loss.
Laura
Michigan

#19 dbuhl79

dbuhl79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:54 AM

I just need to vent! :(
I know I've "glutened" (as some may call it) myself this past week. I've only suffered mild abdominal discomfort, but the last 3 days I've noticed feeling woozy in the afternoons and back to NO appetite. Which concerns my significant other who insists I eat. Don't get me wrong, I'm forcing myself to take in food. Now normally back in my dieting days, I would love this! But when it makes me feel light headed, woozy, and hunger pains its so hard when everything just does not look appealing. All I've gotten down today is 2/3rds of a gluten-free muffin and two rice cakes w/ peanut butter. Everything is so unappealing, its like someone has been asking me to eat all the foods I detest, even though I know I like these! AGHH! To top it off, all I want to do is sleep!! Oh well..thanks for letting me vent! Can't wait until the work day has ended!
Positive Dietary Challenge, firmly believing gluten-free is the way to be!
gluten-free since Nov. 18, 2004.

Always learning along with the rest of everyone else... a never ending process.
Dana :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: