This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Just To Say 'hello' To Any Celiacs In Or Around Paris!

Rosey

Rosey Newbie

Hi!

I am quite new to the board and to Celiac disease, but not new to France (well, to Paris to be more precise!)! I was just wondering if there are any other people over here in a similiar situation. If so, I'd love to hear from you!

Take care,

Rosey

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Belinda Meeker Apprentice
Hi!

I am quite new to the board and to Celiac disease, but not new to France (well, to Paris to be more precise!)! I was just wondering if there are any other people over here in a similiar situation. If so, I'd love to hear from you!

Take care,

Rosey

Hello Rosey,

Welcome to the family :)

I'm not from ur area but live near Paris (Illinois that is) and thought u might be a neighbor lol

I'm sure once the new week starts ppl will be on more, alot don't get on the weekends !

So ask ?'s and post ur vents or strange happenings they will put them where they go ,

Good luck !

Belinda

Rosey Newbie

Thanks for the encouragement Belinda! I didn't know you could find Paris in so many different places!!

Take care!

DILIROTH Newbie

Hi Rosey,

Welcome! There are a few members that list on the board from the Paris area. You could scroll through some of the old posts and there are a few topics about France and the Paris area.

I have lived in S. France for 2 years and found it challenging to deal with but managed with only a few incidents of gluttening - which I felt was not bad considering I moved here with no knowledge of the French language and as a newly diagnosed Celiac. I am moving back to the States this summer and looking forward to the conviences of eating out.

Theresa

Rosey Newbie
Hi Rosey,

Welcome! There are a few members that list on the board from the Paris area. You could scroll through some of the old posts and there are a few topics about France and the Paris area.

I have lived in S. France for 2 years and found it challenging to deal with but managed with only a few incidents of gluttening - which I felt was not bad considering I moved here with no knowledge of the French language and as a newly diagnosed Celiac. I am moving back to the States this summer and looking forward to the conviences of eating out.

Theresa

Hi Theresa!

Thanks for the reply.

You did very well indeed, if you couldn't speak French! People here don't seem to be very well-informed about Celiac disease at all, but at least companies are starting to indicate the presence of gluten on labels now!

Take care and enjoy those restaurants :D !!

Rosey

• 5 months later...
Saranne Newbie

Hi Rosey, I am not sure if you will get this message because this is my first time posting. I read your post about being familiar with Paris. I am studying abroad in Paris this semester and also have Celiac Disease. I was wondering if you have any advice or stores that you could give me for my stay in Paris. Thank you!

Sara

Hi!

Take care,

Rosey

aqu-italian-celiac Newbie

Hello Rosey, I'm a new user too and I am from Italy - in this case we are really close to each other!!!

I'll be in Paris at the end of January - quoting Sara: do you have any advise or tip about gluten free meal inParis?

Thanx!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 4 weeks later...
ZatKat Rookie

Hello Paris people.. I also live in Paris.

I have found Naturalia and Bio Generation to have some gluten free products. I just recently figured out that i have a gluten intolerance, so I am not very skilled at the diet yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Ingrid Newbie

Hi!

I'm Australian, but will be spending some months in Paris towards the end of the year, and would love to know of some gluten-free-friendly places. ;)

I'll check out Naturalia and Bio Generation, but would love to know of some other stores, restaurants or cafes.

In return I can help anyone out about the Melbourne area in Australia, I know everywhere!

Thank you!

dh204 Apprentice

Hello all,

Another place that has gluten free products is Bio Markus. It's a chain and is unfortunately not in Paris - they are located only in the farther suburbs, so a car is a necessity. I only get to go (sometimes) if we are visiting my in-laws, who don't live too far (30 mins) from the one in the Seine et Marne.

Otherwise, I've found it to be really rough going living gluten-free here - and I'm bilingual in French and English.

Archived